+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship scam

haman

Apr 9, 2010
Hi,
I was reading about Canadian Citizenship today and I figured out a problem. I think the government trusts people too much. They ask you to tell them about the days you have been away from Canada. But is all up to you if you declare that or not since there is no stamp in the passport. I think they need to change the system to prevent this. You can come here stay a day then go back to where ever you are originally from. Come beck in 3 years and get your citizenship. All you need to do is lie. I think this system need to be changed.

matthewc

Jan 18, 2010
Grimsby, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland (CPC-Vegreville)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
I don't think the system is as easy to defraud as you make out. Most countries stamp your passport on entry, even if not on exit, and keep passenger records. Any discrepancies between time outside you declare, the stamps in your passport(s), and Canada's records and/or records other countries share with Canada, and you can expect them to look very closely at your situation.

wizardhigh

Jan 10, 2010
They are using scanner to record passport and store in computer.The system is there ,which you are not aware.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is possible to scam the system. Some people have gotten away with it but they do know each time you have entered Canada and they may know when you have left because they work together for example with the US border services. They may check other things they can check in Canada for example if you have been filing taxes etc.

It's the same with the PR residency requirements. Some people manage to cheat the system and some people get caught.

aadi

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Request
Dec 2011
Med's Done....
Dec 2011
Passport Req..
Dec 2011
Dont understand what this guy is taking about, they scan ur passport & PR on every single visit & on every single port.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Some people, I am sure, slip through the loop but would you want to try and cheat and get caught.

And why would someone, whom did not reside in Canada, did pay taxes in Canada, in fact contributed to nothing in Canada want citizenship.
(That was posted tongue in cheek)

I hope all cheats get caught, personally.