+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CItizenship RQ - do i have to include even day trips- i might have made like 120

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Hi

i have got a citizenship RQ, and in one of the questions it asks to enter even one day trips, but i don't have any record of one day trips as i used to drive to us atleast once in a week to fill gas and buy groceries(the border is just 30 mins drive).

Can anyone help me on what needs to be done, i thought of applying for CBSA record but it takes more than 45 day which exceeeds my RQ response deadline.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks
Raj

Flyeur75

Feb 1, 2014
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AUG-2013
AOR Received.
OCT-2013
File Transfer...
JUN-2014
Interview........
SEP-2014
If you request your CBSA records via AITP, you will receive a response in 30 calendar days if you select the e-mail option.

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
Flyeur75 said:
If you request your CBSA records via AITP, you will receive a response in 30 calendar days if you select the e-mail option.
Thank you, but i have received the RQ 15 days back and was skeptical that i will not be able to get it even if its 30 calender days before my RQ response deadline expired.

can i inform in an additional sheet and write that i have made lot of one day trips (just few hour trips from vancouver to US border) for just shopping and i don't have any records of them as i used to drive atleast once a week.

Raj

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You do have to report day trips in the RQ. Do not say that they are uncountable. Do your best to count them because your credibility is important and CIC officers will have more faith in your declarations if you make your best effort to clarify your absences.

Here are my suggestions from the RQ blog I put together when I got an RQ (link in my signature):
Reconstruct and verify your travel history;
a. Triple check all passport stamps
b. Search date ranges in old email files for emails to family or friends about your travel plans.
c. Search date ranges in old email files for receipts of car rentals, plane or train tickets.
d. Search any old personal date books or calendars your have from past years.
e. Search any online calendars you have for past years.
f. If you have been in a relationship for some or all of your time in Canada, search their records as well.

In your case you could also check your credit card and bank statements for purchases in the US, since that was the purpose of your trip.

Also, if you are not a US or Mexican citizen you can get your US I-94s (US border records) almost instantly. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/

Send everything you can find by the 45 day deadline. It is very important to get something in by that deadline. Add a cover letter listing which documents you still need to send. Say when you expect them and say that you will send them as soon as you receive them. This is normal.

Be concise, honest, clear. Do your due diligence.

Good luck.

moz77

Sep 21, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
Doc's Request.
07-03-2013
AOR Received.
07-03-2013
File Transfer...
29-10-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
10-04-2013
LANDED..........
18-04-2013
eileenf said:
Also, if you are not a US or Mexican citizen you can get your US I-94s (US border records) almost instantly. https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/
Hi eileenf, do you know why Mexicans can't get their I-94 record through that website?

Thanks

eileenf

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
moz77 said:
Hi eileenf, do you know why Mexicans can't get their I-94 record through that website?
Hi moz77, actually I may be mistaken. I thought that Mexicans do not need I-94 records when they enter the US, but perhaps you can tell me whether they are issued I-94s? If they are issued, then Mexicans can use the website.

I would recommend that you try it and see if it works!

chantilocal

Star Member
Apr 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2013
eileenf said:
Hi moz77, actually I may be mistaken. I thought that Mexicans do not need I-94 records when they enter the US, but perhaps you can tell me whether they are issued I-94s? If they are issued, than Mexicans can use the website.

I would recommend that you try it and see if it works!
Thank you EileenF, the link you have provided saved me.. it has almost all trip details to US. Thank you Very much.

Raj