+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship requirement [latest]

herculepirate

May 4, 2015
What are the latest citizenship application requirements for Canada. I will make my application from Calgary, Alberta.
The CIC website is clear for the requirements but does not mention Tax filings.....

Some posts on the net also mention that I need to file my Tax returns for all those years too...
Thanks.
HP

boltz

Jul 30, 2009
herculepirate said:
What are the latest citizenship application requirements for Canada. I will make my application from Calgary, Alberta.
The CIC website is clear for the requirements but does not mention Tax filings.....

Some posts on the net also mention that I need to file my Tax returns for all those years too...
Thanks.
HP
Currently from cic website
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become-eligibility.asp

oren

May 8, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As far as I know you don't need tax returns for citizenship application. I only used that for PR renewal as it is required but it doesn't hurt to have it in time for your interview in case you need it. For me I might gather some documents like employment letter and i94 + cbsa reports so I'm ready for the interview.

Side note (just read your other posts): I think you need to do and submit you taxes every year. If you're working, you need to do you taxes. If you want refund or child tax benefits, you need to do your taxes.
h ttp://ww w.cra-arc.gc.ca/tx/ndvdls/tpcs/ncm-tx/flng-blgtns/menu-eng.html

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
herculepirate said:

Thanks.
HP
Become a PR first, commit to Canada and once you stayed here for 4 years out of 6, then look into citizenship. It may well have changed by then.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
herculepirate said:

Thanks.
HP
Become a PR first, commit to Canada and once you stayed here for 4 years out of 6, then look into citizenship. It may well have changed by then.

Munchenxx

Jun 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
herculepirate said:

Thanks.
HP
So you believe in "those posts" or in CIC? Who will process and grant you citizenship?

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
polara69 said:
they do not have to commit to Canada.

Become a PR,meet the presence and other requirements of CIC to apply for citizenship.Be Canadian.Live your life in Canada or elsewhere as you wish as a Canadian.

With BillC24,requirements for citizenship will be changed sometime soon.Be aware of it my friend.

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
buddhaB said:
they do not have to commit to Canada.

Become a PR,meet the presence and other requirements of CIC to apply for citizenship.Be Canadian.Live your life in Canada or elsewhere as you wish as a Canadian.

With BillC24,requirements for citizenship will be changed sometime soon.Be aware of it my friend.
Legally you are correct. But what is the point of becoming a PR and then a citizen if one does not want to live here? For most people moving to another country means exactly this, committing to a new life.

Those who only want the Canadian passport for convenience so they can travel easier have not Canada's interest at heart, only there own.

buddhaB

Star Member
Apr 15, 2015
polara69 said:
Legally you are correct. But what is the point of becoming a PR and then a citizen if one does not want to live here? For most people moving to another country means exactly this, committing to a new life.

Those who only want the Canadian passport for convenience so they can travel easier have not Canada's interest at heart, only there own.
Becoming a PR (or Canadian) is FUN

Not everyone has the same hobbies,future plans,vision as you.

I am planning to change the country where I reside in every 10 years.Life let me be PR here.10 years later maybe I`ll be in Brazil as a Canadian.I have a Czech friend who has been doing this for a long time.

Okay?

polara69

Mar 9, 2013
Sure, it is a free country, compared to others on this planet. That's why I said legally it is fine. You have your reasons to be here, you have yours. Have a good weekend!