+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship question please help

sportsboy

Nov 11, 2010
I got my PR 2.5 years back and planning to apply citizenship in early 2014. I am from GTA. One of my friends told me that if I relocate to some remote town like St Catharines and apply from there I can get it faster. Normal wait time for citizenship is approx 23 months from date of application.

My question is "Does it really reduce time if its applied from St Catharines or some remote city far off GTA?"

Experts especially Qorax if you can shed some light, that would be great.

tst

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
sportsboy said:
I got my PR 2.5 years back and planning to apply citizenship in early 2014. I am from GTA. One of my friends told me that if I relocate to some remote town like St Catharines and apply from there I can get it faster. Normal wait time for citizenship is approx 23 months from date of application.

My question is "Does it really reduce time if its applied from St Catharines or some remote city far off GTA?"

That is true, my friend, he moved to Mississauga and he got his citizenship within 1 year.
But in some cases they are sending RQ also, so you can't predict CIC.

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
sportsboy said:

One of the fastest in GTA is Hamilton CIC

CanadianMaple

Apr 15, 2013
One of friends who had graduated from McMasters, applied for Citizenship after living for ten years and got it through after 18 months in the middle of 2010. He did not get any RQ. Looking at this I doubt Mississauga is taking currently taking only one year. Is there a CIC link that has city/county wise current timelines?

mvb

Feb 8, 2013
Couple of my friends got it in 16 months and it was discussed in this forum as well.