+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Photo Specifications: signature at the back?

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Hi all,

My photo taken at Jean coutu in Montreal has a section at back which reads: I confirm the identity of this person, signature. I know it is not required for the photographer to sign it. Do I need to sign it?

JJS

Jan 29, 2011
I've heard of that for the purpose of passport as the guarantor has to guarantee the picture. Never heard for citizenship. Mine just had a Name and DOB field to fill out on the stamp.

KK82

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Ottawa
Hi all,

My photo taken at Jean coutu in Montreal has a section at back which reads: I confirm the identity of this person, signature. I know it is not required for the photographer to sign it. Do I need to sign it?
This requirement is for passport pic where guarantor need to sign. I think you need another pair of pics with proper stamp. It should have name address of photo studio and space to write your name.

Kamran2015

Star Member
Feb 9, 2015
Thanks for the responses. Clearly the signature is NOT required for citizenship. The address and name of the Jean Coutu (it is kind of the equivalent to London Drugs in English provincces of Canada) location is mentioned. I think they use one stamp for both citizenship and passport photos. Nevertheless, it satisfies the requirements. Thanks everyone!

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Stamp saying studio or photographer name address and date.

Only thing you do is write your name on both photos

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Read photo specifications rendered to in app checklist and app instructions. Can be found next to app and doc checklist PDFs. Follow instructions.

Stamp from the store and print your name. Ensure the photos are the new size and not the older smaller citizenship pics.