+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship judge hearing (surrey)

Tori_01

May 19, 2012
Hi all
I wrote my test in May 2011, little cheat they provided me says i will be scheduled for citizenship judge hearing in 8 to 12 months. It's already past 12 months now... Any idea what is the timeline to see judge here in Surrey??? Any shares would be appreciated!!
Application rec'd March 10
File transferred to Surrey Feb 2011
Test and RQ done on May 2011
Still waiting to see judge

CanV

Champion Member
Apr 30, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What is the reason they have you see a judge, do you think you did not pass the test or are your residency days in questions?

zeezo

Mar 14, 2012
I saw today on my CIC timeline update the messege below , i did not get any letter yet by mail .

We sent you a letter on May 16, 2012. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the letter before sending us additional information, as the letter will outline all information that is required. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. [/font]

what is that mean ? is that RQ?

please advice .

Tori_01

May 19, 2012
zeezo:
likely. a RQ, but could be anything such as: any changes in your address or family status after your application.. anyway you should receive something on your mail shortly!

DANA1

Sep 30, 2013
Hi.
I was wondering what happend to your case?
I like to apply with the basic residency without the physical days.I like to know if it worked out in your benefit or no at the end?
Thank you very much
Dana

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

DANA1 said:
Hi.
I like to apply with the basic residency without the physical days.I like to know if it worked out in your benefit or no at the end?
Thank you very much
Dana
You are probably wasting your time, if you don't have physical residency. You will be referred to a hearing with a Judge, another delay of 8-12 months, and the Judge is unlikely to use the factors in KOO, but will probably use the physical presence instead and refuse.

touché

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
DANA1 said:
Hi.
Thank you very much
Dana
Going the route of basic residency is a bad idea unless you have extremely good reasons why you cannot meet physical residence days (example if you work as a pilot which makes it difficult for you to meet the requirements). Don't bother applying with <1095 days physical residence unless your case is this strong. Else it'll be a waste of your time and a burden on the system (causing delays for other applicants).