+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Interview Result!!Need an advice

POGOMAGA

Nov 18, 2014

Hi Everyone!
I gave my test today and passed.During the interview the officer was checking the passport and asked how many times we were in USA.Last year we want by car for a day trip to Montana, we went in the morning and came back in the evening, so I didnt include this trip in the calculator.The officer asked to give a permission for usa check up to see how long we spent there overall.I am so worried.Please if u have any similar situations share with me.We have a long journey until citizenship and I guess I screw it up((

ashlobo

Mar 20, 2016
I had made a day trip to Niagara on the US side too. I did note it down in the physical presence calculator. However, during the interview, the assessing officer had a different re-entry date from her CBSA records from what I mentioned and since there was no stamp for that particular trip, I was asked to send scans of my passport pages as supplemental information along with anything to show it was indeed only a day trip. I, infact, did note down the wrong date. The officer told me that my application would be on hold till she gets the additional documentation. After a couple weeks, I got request for finger prints which I’ve submitted. However, for the moment my application is still in process. I don’t think we have much to worry about, it’s just that it will take a little longer to verify these trips. Just sit back and wait for more news :)

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
How many buffer days do you have?

I missed a few travel days but it was not an issue because I had several months of buffer.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010

Hi Everyone!
I gave my test today and passed.During the interview the officer was checking the passport and asked how many times we were in USA.Last year we want by car for a day trip to Montana, we went in the morning and came back in the evening, so I didnt include this trip in the calculator.The officer asked to give a permission for usa check up to see how long we spent there overall.I am so worried.Please if u have any similar situations share with me.We have a long journey until citizenship and I guess I screw it up((
If the situation is as you report, an overlooked day trip, this is merely a bump in the road and should be no big deal.

Probably no reason to worry much at all.

We have not seen a lot of reporting about applicants asked for permission to access their U.S. travel history, but there is no reason to suspect this results in more than a few months delay, if that. Assuming, of course, the U.S. information is consistent with the information the applicant has provided.

We all make mistakes . . . and some make the really big mistake of believing they made no mistakes. In any event IRCC is well acquainted with the fact that applicants make these kinds of mistakes and it is NO big deal.

It only becomes a big deal if in the process of scrutinizing the applicant's travel history IRCC finds information suggesting reasons-to-question-presence. In this regard, again, isolated and small mistakes do NOT ordinarily suggest reasons-to-question-presence.

POGOMAGA

Nov 18, 2014
If the situation is as you report, an overlooked day trip, this is merely a bump in the road and should be no big deal.

Probably no reason to worry much at all.

We have not seen a lot of reporting about applicants asked for permission to access their U.S. travel history, but there is no reason to suspect this results in more than a few months delay, if that. Assuming, of course, the U.S. information is consistent with the information the applicant has provided.

We all make mistakes . . . and some make the really big mistake of believing they made no mistakes. In any event IRCC is well acquainted with the fact that applicants make these kinds of mistakes and it is NO big deal.

It only becomes a big deal if in the process of scrutinizing the applicant's travel history IRCC finds information suggesting reasons-to-question-presence. In this regard, again, isolated and small mistakes do NOT ordinarily suggest reasons-to-question-presence.
THank you!!! Interesting thing, when he asked the permission my husband told that we are planning to go back home in June and he said can it be that by that time we will still need to wait .Officer told us no you will get your outh by that time.I have strange fillings!! I posted same thing in Facebook forum and one guy told me he was asked the permission as well cuase he traveled alot to USA