+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship in another Province

cc321488

Nov 5, 2015
Hey Guys,

So i have a question just regarding my current status and getting citizenship.

I got my PR in 2015, have the requirements to get my citizenship so am looking to get my Citizenship this year! The only thing im wondering is if i can do it in a different province than Ontario? (Where i got my PR)

The story is, I met a girl, came over for her, got my PR to be with her, and fastforward a few years, she cheated on me so we're no longer together.

I am however in a new happier relationship. We plan to move to New Brunswick, but we're holding off on it because we're not sure if i can move out there and then do the citizenship tests.

Any information on this would be fantastic and greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Zmaqsood

Champion Member
Sep 10, 2014
Milton. ON
Hey Guys,

So i have a question just regarding my current status and getting citizenship.

I got my PR in 2015, have the requirements to get my citizenship so am looking to get my Citizenship this year! The only thing im wondering is if i can do it in a different province than Ontario? (Where i got my PR)

The story is, I met a girl, came over for her, got my PR to be with her, and fastforward a few years, she cheated on me so we're no longer together.

I am however in a new happier relationship. We plan to move to New Brunswick, but we're holding off on it because we're not sure if i can move out there and then do the citizenship tests.

Any information on this would be fantastic and greatly appreciated!

Thanks
You can move anywhere i dont think this is an issue for citizenship

Reactions: scorph

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Your citizenship processing will be done where you are resident, at whichever local office covers your area.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Citizenship is not tied to a particular province. You will be a Canadian in the end :)
Make sure your address is up to date when you apply to avoid any delays.