+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Fees

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Hi, Is there any validity of Citizenship Fees? I have already paid a couple of months ago, but due to incomplete application my entire family application package returned, they mentioned a few options on covering letter that completed and send it back or re apply/submitted and can get refund fees, I am now planing to move from rent place to own house, which takes another couple of months, so just wondering can I keep it and when I will move my permanent address I will prepare new application and re submite with the same receipt? Thank you!

Last edited:

JPBless

May 14, 2018
Hi, Is there any validity of Citizenship Fees? I have already paid a couple of months ago, but due to incomplete application my entire family application package returned, they mentioned a few options on covering letter that completed and send it back or re apply/submitted and can get refund fees, I am now planing to move from rent place to own house, which takes another couple of months, so just wondering can I keep it and when I will move my permanent address I will prepare new application and re submite with the same receipt? Thank you!
Why not correct the mistake(s), send back the application with current address and do address change in 2 months when you finally move? If you move across town or province your file could move with you.

armando77

Feb 25, 2013
Why not correct the mistake(s), send back the application with current address and do address change in 2 months when you finally move? If you move across town or province your file could move with you.
hi, thanks any other options I think application also has been changed it mentioned that if u re apply make sure use new application format...

JPBless

May 14, 2018
hi, thanks any other options I think application also has been changed it mentioned that if u re apply make sure use new application format...
It is hard to articulate your problem - thus the solution without the relevant information from you. If the forms have changed since you applied (the one that was returned) then you need use the current form.

EstherBarros

Aug 18, 2014
BC- Canada
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
17-11-2014
Doc's Request.
02-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2015
File Transfer...
14-02-2015
Med's Done....
23-09-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
07-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-08-2015
LANDED..........
22-08-2015
According to the CIC website, if they return your application then your fee will be refunded:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1220&top=4

So the Fee you paid will be refunded to you within the next 6 weeks, I assume.

As I understand it, you would simply be preparing a new application and re-sending whenever you wish.

Maybe call CIC and inquire, if you are not sure?

Cheers,