+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship enquiry

Anikazz

Jun 13, 2013
Hello, I am a Canadian PR. I am a doctor. I have completed my requirement of stay to get my citizenship. I am planning to apply for my citizenship this month, but i will also have go to my country for 1 to 2 years for some extra physician training, and i was wondering if this would be a problem for my citizenship or not? I will be coming back and forth every 6 months since my family is staying in canada. Its just i have to move for the training purpose. So, can anyone tell me if this would be a problem or not. I just want to make sure of the fact that me being away would not affect my process. I will come whenever i need to process the papers or the citizenship. I just hope me being away would not stop me from being a citizen because i do want to stay in canada, its just the training why i have to go away for a while.

newtone

Champion Member
Nov 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anikazz said:
Hello, I am a Canadian PR. I am a doctor. I have completed my requirement of stay to get my citizenship. I am planning to apply for my citizenship this month, but i will also have go to my country for 1 to 2 years for some extra physician training, and i was wondering if this would be a problem for my citizenship or not? I will be coming back and forth every 6 months since my family is staying in canada. Its just i have to move for the training purpose. So, can anyone tell me if this would be a problem or not. I just want to make sure of the fact that me being away would not affect my process. I will come whenever i need to process the papers or the citizenship. I just hope me being away would not stop me from being a citizen because i do want to stay in canada, its just the training why i have to go away for a while.
This should not be a problem because you have already satisfied the requirement of being a citizen before you are going. I understand you want to stay in Canada but having said that there is also no shame in not staying in Canada and looking for opportunities elsewhere, otherwise the only operation you'll be doing is washing dishes in restaurants at minimum wage.

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
There is a specific rule on travel duration of more than 2 months. I believe, CIC may hold processing for such instance. So, consult with someone experienced or an immigration lawyer.

Anikazz

Jun 13, 2013
chandu007 said:
There is a specific rule on travel duration of more than 2 months. I believe, CIC may hold processing for such instance. So, consult with someone experienced or an immigration lawyer.
Hi, thanks for the reply, i just wanted to go for experience and thats it...i do have a great job here but i do want further qualifications as a surgeon. After i apply, i will only can go out for 2 months and not more? but if i am eligible to get the citizenship, why would they stop the process if i am not here for some valid purpose?

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am aware of the rule but not sure whether it's applicable to you or not. That's why you should consult someone who knows better.

Anikazz said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, i just wanted to go for experience and thats it...i do have a great job here but i do want further qualifications as a surgeon. After i apply, i will only can go out for 2 months and not more? but if i am eligible to get the citizenship, why would they stop the process if i am not here for some valid purpose?