+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship documents

excited1

Oct 21, 2016
Hey guys,

I am preparing my application for my citizenship and I am eligible to apply on Oct 25th (4 days left) but I am going to wait a few more weeks to apply due to my extensive travel trips in the past. This year alone, I have been out of the country for 10 business trips or not more, and I have accumulated my itinerary/boarding passes.

I heard from friends in the past that they got a QA requesting for proof of trips, thats after 6 months they sent in their application. So I wanted to know if its good idea to submit my itineraries together with my application so that they wont delay my process of my application?

Thanks!

ali393

Oct 19, 2016
I don't see any harm in doing that. However, do keep copies for your just in case it is needed later on.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
excited1 said:
Hey guys,

I am preparing my application for my citizenship and I am eligible to apply on Oct 25th (4 days left) but I am going to wait a few more weeks to apply due to my extensive travel trips in the past. This year alone, I have been out of the country for 10 business trips or not more, and I have accumulated my itinerary/boarding passes.

I heard from friends in the past that they got a QA requesting for proof of trips, thats after 6 months they sent in their application. So I wanted to know if its good idea to submit my itineraries together with my application so that they wont delay my process of my application?

Thanks!
Send what is requested as per the document checklist. If CIC wants extra info, they will send you a letter asking for the same. Also, give yourself enough extra buffer of 1-2 months and then apply. That way if in case you have some miscalculation about residency days, the buffer might help. Good luck!

excited1

Oct 21, 2016
Indeed, Im giving a month of buffer time. Also, I dont expect the officer to delay my application in case they send me RQ which could delay for another 1 month. Has anyone attach their itineraries with their application? and suggestions?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
excited1 said:
Indeed, Im giving a month of buffer time. Also, I dont expect the officer to delay my application in case they send me RQ which could delay for another 1 month. Has anyone attach their itineraries with their application? and suggestions?
Some people do and some don't. There is no full proof that sending extra documents helps or not.
I never did because I kept the application simple and straight forward.
RQ can be issued even after sending extra bunch of documents because RQ is based on many factors and depends upon every application.