+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CITIZENSHIP - DEPENDANT APPLICATION.

Osadens

Jul 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Please help its urgent.
I have been in Canada with my wife as Permanent Residents. But two years ago, I came back from work and discovered that my wife of 12 years has packed all her personal belongings, including some of our important immigration documents and absconded. Thank God I have my PR card with me. All effort to reconnect with her proved abortive. She is alive, because she is in constant communication with her brothers except me.
She is the principal applicant while I am her dependant (Husband). And I've spent all my hard earned money for years to finance this immigration project to Canada, with hope of a better future for our family. Now she has ran away.
Now! I hope to apply for my citizenship very soon. Can I independently apply for my citizenship without her the principal applicant? Please help its urgent. Thanks.

imigrate

Star Member
Nov 16, 2009
Yes, you can apply for citizenship independently. It is not a requirement for families to apply together.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Once you are both PR, there is no principal applicant any more. Your PR is equally valid to your wifes PR. Each of you can apply for citizenship independent of the other. If she took your landing documents with her, you can order a copy from CIC. I witnessed a person myself at the citizenship exam who did not have her landing documents and she was told to order a copy but was allowed to take the exam anyway.