+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship condition 3 years stay in four years?

waraich

Dec 6, 2008
I am CR but working in Saudi Arabia , my family is residing in canada .

if in case i could not full fill 3 years in four years condition for citizenship , can i apply for citizenship after 3years with my family ? I am frequently visiting canada after every three months for three weeks.

I have to hire immigration lawyer to submit my citizenship application?

Regards,

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you can not fulfill the 3 in 4 years requirement for citizenship, you can apply and try to give reasons why they should give you citizenship anyway but it will take a long time to process and unless you have extremely good reasons, you will be denied. Your family can go ahead with their citizenship plans without you.

Furthermore, visiting Canada for only 3 weeks every 3 months means that you are outside Canada 281 days a year. You will therefore lose your PR due to residency requirements after about 3 and a half or 4 years or even if you don't get caught coming in, you will not be able to renew your PR card when it expires.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
waraich said:
I have to hire immigration lawyer to submit my citizenship application?
No, and the citizenship application is so very simple, that I don't think anyone would need a lawyer.

cuterose

Dec 25, 2009
Hi...all

I got my pr in 2005 and applied in 2008 for citizenship.but later I cancelled my petation b'use I did not want to loose my original citizenship.I was physically present 4 years in canada.
Now my pr card expires in 03-2010.I m now willing to apply for citizenship again.

Could it be possible just after i get my new renewed pr card????

should i file new application for citizenship or i can request CIC to start old application???would they doubt my case?

thank u