+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate not received - please help (post 6 weeks)

azakhel1776

Dec 1, 2022
Hello, i have become Canadian Citizen.

Its been more than 6 weeks but i have not yet received the citizenship certificate.

My application is "Complete" closed since last few weeks and i am supposed to get certificate but nothing. I am suspecting my mail might be put in the wrong box by Canada post. Since there is no tracking as Certs are usually sent through regular mails there is no way to track it.

Should i contact Calgary citizenship office? and submit webform?

If Calgary office has already sent me the cert and for some reason it is lost will they send me another one i.e. Re-print?

What is the process on citizenship office end ?

do i need to report to police for lost item?

To get new Citizenship certificate it is currently 16 months which is insane. I need to travel.

P.S
when called IRCC line was told cert is printed and was sent to me. This was 4 weeks ago. So , definitely it is lost.

warrior30

Star Member
Aug 4, 2022
Hello, i have become Canadian Citizen.

Its been more than 6 weeks but i have not yet received the citizenship certificate.

My application is "Complete" closed since last few weeks and i am supposed to get certificate but nothing. I am suspecting my mail might be put in the wrong box by Canada post. Since there is no tracking as Certs are usually sent through regular mails there is no way to track it.

Should i contact Calgary citizenship office? and submit webform?

If Calgary office has already sent me the cert and for some reason it is lost will they send me another one i.e. Re-print?

What is the process on citizenship office end ?

do i need to report to police for lost item?

To get new Citizenship certificate it is currently 16 months which is insane. I need to travel.

P.S
when called IRCC line was told cert is printed and was sent to me. This was 4 weeks ago. So , definitely it is lost.

I am in same situation, looks like Canada Post lost it.

Oath ceremony date? When was it mailed out? oath office?