+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship certificate mailing address

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
From my timeline and seeing the trends, I am expecting an oath sometime in July. I will also be moving to a different province in mid-July. Can we put a different mailing address for Citizenship certificate or it has to be the same one as I put on the application? If I change my address after the oath on the application, will IRCC mail the certificate to my new address in Canada? Any advice regarding this matter? Should I delay my pending oath after moving to the new province?

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
Let the officer know during oath that you are moving (if you ever get an invite). If you move and your application is in progress, then simply update your address with IRCC

anandg12

Jun 26, 2015
Let the officer know during oath that you are moving (if you ever get an invite). If you move and your application is in progress, then simply update your address with IRCC
Thanks for your answer. During the oath, does the officer provide any forms to fill regarding where certificate needs to be mailed or is it by default the address on the application?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Thanks for your answer. During the oath, does the officer provide any forms to fill regarding where certificate needs to be mailed or is it by default the address on the application?
I wasn't given a form to fill rather provided the new address over the video session.

littleDog

Mar 25, 2021
guys,
i've a different situation. we are a family of 3 got our citizenship oath completed and got certificate of mine and my wife today but my daughter certificate didnot came.
do you know what to do here. What if the certificate is missing.

engray

Champion Member
Jul 20, 2018
guys,
i've a different situation. we are a family of 3 got our citizenship oath completed and got certificate of mine and my wife today but my daughter certificate didnot came.
do you know what to do here. What if the certificate is missing.
Call IRCC or send an email to the oath officer.

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
thanks
I did mailed to officer and she said it could have placed in other block from canada post ... wait and see. That did not sound right for me.
What is the processing time for sending the certificates?

How long it took to receive yours and your wife?

Divneet

Feb 24, 2023
From my timeline and seeing the trends, I am expecting an oath sometime in July. I will also be moving to a different province in mid-July. Can we put a different mailing address for Citizenship certificate or it has to be the same one as I put on the application? If I change my address after the oath on the application, will IRCC mail the certificate to my new address in Canada? Any advice regarding this matter? Should I delay my pending oath after moving to the new province?

hi did you get your certificate to your new address? When did you update the address?