Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
floomy said:
just wanna share my experience.

My daughter was born in S. korea, my husband is Canadian citizen.
We applied her citizenship in S .korea before her 100days.

What we send to Canada embassy in S. korea

for my husband
his birth certificate ( he had his original, but government changed whole design of certificate and Embassy has a guide book for which birth certificate is acceptable. so we had his parents sent his birth certificate from Canada )
photo copy of his passport.

for my daughter
her birth certificate from hospital.
korean government documents stated that she is registered under my (mom) family.

we did not send her korean passport, as matter of fact, she could make her korean passport after she had her canadian passport.
Before we sent her application form, we phoned so many time to embassy.
funny thing, every time we talked different person from embassy and we had new info all the time.

It would be different what canada embassy in England would ask for citizenship application.
but hope it helps though.

p.s we applied end of Oct 2013 and according to embassy in s. korea.
They are working on application received on May, 2013.

We are in Canada now and my daughter has not received her citizenship yet.
If you are in Canada now and your daughter doesn't have Canadian citizenship yet and she needs a Canadian passport to get a Korea passport, how did she enter Canada with you in canada?

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Never mind. You said "could" have korea passport after canadian passport. So I assume your daughter entered Canada with her Korea passport?

mac_0n3

Oct 21, 2011
All That is needed is The child's birth certificate , and the long form original birth certificate from the Canadian born parent. Then you can take these documents to the nearest Canadian Consulate or Embassy and fill in the application there. You will also need 2 passport sized photos of youre child. and pay the fee. I believe it was 80 dollars Canadian when i did it for my son. All documents must be in english. If they arent then they need to be translated by someone the Canadian Consulate has on a acceptable list. I would advise you to call the Canadaian Consulate too. I did it for my son in Ecuador (south america) Maybe things are different where your child is.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
mac_0n3 said:
All That is needed is The child's birth certificate , and the long form original birth certificate from the Canadian born parent. Then you can take these documents to the nearest Canadian Consulate or Embassy and fill in the application there. You will also need 2 passport sized photos of youre child. and pay the fee. I believe it was 80 dollars Canadian when i did it for my son. All documents must be in english. If they arent then they need to be translated by someone the Canadian Consulate has on a acceptable list. I would advise you to call the Canadaian Consulate too. I did it for my son in Ecuador (south america) Maybe things are different where your child is.
I believe it based on what country the child is born. Some countries have different requirements to apply for Canadian Citizenship despite what the documents are needed for newborns listed online.

floomy

Dec 17, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Never mind. You said "could" have korea passport after canadian passport. So I assume your daughter entered Canada with her Korea passport?
My daughter has long name (first /middle/ last name) and in order to write her name in English on Korean passport, we need to show Canadian passport as a reference so they (korean gov.) can write exact same spelling since she is dual citizen.
So she has both passports.
When she left Korea we showed Korean passport and when she went through custom at Vancouver, we only showed Canadian passport (border officer did not even ask to show korean passport).

if someone wondering normally you cannot make passport without citizenship certificate according to Canada embassy,
you have to show proof of departure, so we bought ticket first then applied her passport with her e-ticket receipt.

Jan 15, 2014
Thanks guys for the answers on this one. I will be contacting the Canadian Embassy in London for clarification.

It would be great if just the long version of her birth certificate. (showing my Canadian citizen wife as her mother, along with 2 passport sized photos was enough!) It would mean I wouldn't have to apply for a british passport first!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Thecornerback23 said:
Thanks guys for the answers on this one. I will be contacting the Canadian Embassy in London for clarification.

It would be great if just the long version of her birth certificate. (showing my Canadian citizen wife as her mother, along with 2 passport sized photos was enough!) It would mean I wouldn't have to apply for a british passport first!
Confirm this with embassy first before you celebrate that you don't need british passport. Hate for you to submit application to embassy only to be told that you need more docs.

You can always send an email to the embassy if you can't reach them by phone.