Toronto
Thanks.
i'm Nov 2019 applicant

App sent Nov 4th.
APp received :: Nov 7th
AOR:: Jan 19th 2020
Inprocess :: Jan 30 2020
Intial test date :: March 30 2020 - cancelled
Test date :: Jan 18th 2021 (Jan 21th to Feb 10)
Test taken :: Feb 7th.(Both i and my wife) Test not recorded for me because of some technical issues. and retest taken on March 1rd)
Interview : only for wife on Apr 14th invite on Mar 30th(not sure why)
DM on Apr 15th
Oath on May 13th.

Thanks for your words. i'll hope for the best.
Thanks for sharing. Give it a couple more days - still nothing by then begin talking to the agent. All the best to you.

IMQT_16

Jun 10, 2021
Well, stamp data is 19 Jan & we received it 22 Jan.
It came our post box with lot of takecare restrictions.

One thing i really want to share with all of you.
Its almost 5 month after oath we received that and i will going to be more 5 months maybe, if i didn't take some steps, also for your information our spouse sponsorship also stuck in canada from last 1 year.

So what we did. We hire a toronto attorney highcourt lawyer on 10 jan and he call ircc with some technical words then next day status change to complete and Certificate received also our sponsorship application approve and move to VO london.

There is message for all of you in above story...

If we do all our self how immigration lawyer, consult, there office employees feed there children. Maybe ircc deliberately delay to wait when person hire consultant, will do client work.....

Just my thought.... Can be wrong.. But i experience this.
Can I get your attorney contact please??

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016
Congratulations Zindabad. Ottawa office is either over stressed with work or their staff is on leave. I received my certificate as well couple of days back. If anyone else is in similar situation, where certificate is not yet mailed months after oath ceremony, then I would suggest them to fill the online form and call them several times. They totally forgot about my file and after filling the form and calling them several times, I manage to get my certificate.
Do we know why certificates are getting delayed?

Is it because Ottawa's office is busy still the case?

thesonicbro

Jul 24, 2016

Its almost 5 month after oath we received that and i will going to be more 5 months maybe, if i didn't take some steps, also for your information our spouse sponsorship also stuck in canada from last 1 year.

So what we did. We hire a toronto attorney highcourt lawyer on 10 jan and he call ircc with some technical words then next day status change to complete and Certificate received also our sponsorship application approve and move to VO london.

If we do all our self how immigration lawyer, consult, there office employees feed there children. Maybe ircc deliberately delay to wait when person hire consultant, will do client work.....

Hi @zindabad. I'm glad that you were able to figure this matter awhile ago.

I also have been waiting over two months now to yet receive my certificate from Ottawa office. @GMP1990 is also have the same issue from the same office.

Do you mind sharing the additional details in regards to technical words you mentioned?

Is it certain a lawyer is needed at this point and why?

Your input is much appreciated it!

Essamab

Nov 18, 2021

Would you please send me the lawyer's details?

Essamab

Nov 18, 2021
Hi @zindabad. I'm glad that you were able to figure this matter awhile ago.

I also have been waiting over two months now to yet receive my certificate from Ottawa office. @GMP1990 is also have the same issue from the same office.

Do you mind sharing the additional details in regards to technical words you mentioned?

Is it certain a lawyer is needed at this point and why?

Your input is much appreciated it!
Did you receive your Certificate? Would please share your experience? I need your help guys!

Essamab

Nov 18, 2021
Hi everyone,

I want to know what can I do as I have not received the citizenship certificate after 5 months? Any help is highly appreciated.

I have attended the virtual ceremony and took the oath early December 2020 but still (May 2021) I have not received the certificate. I have filled several webforms and requested about my application status. They didn't give me much information other than "your file should be reviewed shortly".

In ECAS my application status was decision made for a while. Now after they have changed the web interface (very recently) it shows different steps and I see it as below:

Language skills: Completed
Physical presence: Completed
Citizenship test: Completed
Background verification: Completed
Prohibitions: Completed
Citizenship ceremony: In progress
Did you receive your Certificate? Would you please share your experience? Thanks

nimpal

Jun 19, 2017
Did you receive your Certificate? Would you please share your experience? Thanks
Yes, I finally received it after 7 months. I emailed my MP and then she followed it up. After 2 weeks, IRCC called me and scheduled a pick up time.

Essamab

Nov 18, 2021
Yes, I finally received it after 7 months. I emailed my MP and then she followed it up. After 2 weeks, IRCC called me and scheduled a pick up time.
Thanks! That's a very long time. Very happy for you! Did your online tracker changed to closed? Also, did you get the passport?

Brinsty

May 27, 2021
It's still DM. I called them several times and they are saying it's in queue for printing. Same message is relayed to me since two months.
Hi was your citizenship ceremony tracker showing complete but your application still in progress or was everything in progress. Mine everything is complete but application is still in progress. I was told same that it's in queue for printing.

Reactions: Onyile

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
So, even for closing the file and receiving the certificate after the ceremony there is a discrepancy. Yesterday, I saw someone did the oath Feb 2nd, and on Feb 3rd their file was closed. I did the oath more than a week ago and my ceremony and file are still showing in progress, which means my certificate hasn't been dispatched yet.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
So, even for closing the file and receiving the certificate after the ceremony there is a discrepancy. Yesterday, I saw someone did the oath Feb 2nd, and on Feb 3rd their file was closed. I did the oath more than a week ago and my ceremony and file are still showing in progress, which means my certificate hasn't been dispatched yet.
I have the same situation. Seem like IRCC never stops surprising their so-called "clients" by its bureaucracy

Ryanpre3

Star Member
Dec 20, 2021
Hi

we are a family of 3, i and my wife got citizenship certificate yesterday and my daughter didn't when i reached to officer the only answer i got is WAIT.
now i am little worried.
1. what are the chances that the canada post misplace the document and lost
2. what is the process to get certificate incase of lost.

Any help will be highly appreciated.
Hi .. did you get your daughtwr cwrtificate finally . do you have any idea of thr process if lost ? . i am in same situation please advise

elmas

Jan 28, 2016
Hi .. did you get your daughtwr cwrtificate finally . do you have any idea of thr process if lost ? . i am in same situation please advise
I am in a similar situation as well. Received my certificate but not the kids'. Were you able to receive all certificates? Thanks!