+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
Try what the IRCC agent asked me to do. I know it's weird but give it a shot. Open the PDF that you received with instructions to download the e certificate.

In that PDF, there's a section for Downloading the certificate after all the paragraphs about creating account, invite code etc.

Click on the link to the portal in that download section paragraph, and then login to your portal account, the same way you've been logging in all along. It worked for me, I'm not sure if it means anything different but give it a shot.
Thanks. I tried but that also didn't work :(

(for a second, I thought that the URL in the PDF might have some additional parameters to "enable" the certificate or something, but it's the same URL that I've been using all along)

Do you remember if your tracker was updated to "closed" before you downloaded your certificate? Or is it updated now?

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
Thanks. I tried but that also didn't work :(

(for a second, I thought that the URL in the PDF might have some additional parameters to "enable" the certificate or something, but it's the same URL that I've been using all along)

Do you remember if your tracker was updated to "closed" before you downloaded your certificate? Or is it updated now?
Mine still says "In Process" on the tracker.

If your certificate is in the system but you cant download it, i would ask IRCC agent if you can go to Service Canada and get it from there. Or ask them if you can resubmit another email.

Just send another email with the oath form anyway. At least that will prompt them to look at your file again and realize its still open and close it out.

Reactions: nikhilwason

jkurian1990

Jul 13, 2017
Hey guys, quick question. After submitting the oath form to the Mississauga email id, do you receive an automatic reply acknowledging the receipt?

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
Mine still says "In Process" on the tracker.

If your certificate is in the system but you cant download it, i would ask IRCC agent if you can go to Service Canada and get it from there. Or ask them if you can resubmit another email.

Just send another email with the oath form anyway. At least that will prompt them to look at your file again and realize its still open and close it out.
If you already have the certificate, you should be fine. The tracker will get updated eventually.

I asked the IRCC agent if I need to send the oath form again, and she said no. But I replied to my oath invite email on Wednesday to remind them about my case - no action till now. So, I'll call IRCC again today and ask them what can I do next. It'll be ideal if I can go to Service Canada or some IRCC office in person, but that seems unlikely given the current state of affairs. And good idea - I will send my oath form to the invite email once again today if nothing else seems to be helping. Let's see what happens!

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
If you already have the certificate, you should be fine. The tracker will get updated eventually.

I asked the IRCC agent if I need to send the oath form again, and she said no. But I replied to my oath invite email on Wednesday to remind them about my case - no action till now. So, I'll call IRCC again today and ask them what can I do next. It'll be ideal if I can go to Service Canada or some IRCC office in person, but that seems unlikely given the current state of affairs. And good idea - I will send my oath form to the invite email once again today if nothing else seems to be helping. Let's see what happens!
I was finally able to download it today! (phew) :)

Reactions: sarvesh90

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hi guys!
For those who asked the paper certificate how long did you wait after the ceremony?
Thanks!

kyinn233

Aug 28, 2023
Yes after contacting like a million times yhey sent me a solemn declaration form, I submitted my form on August 15 and still waiting
I called IRCC yesterday and this morning they emailed me the solemn declaration form. I also asked if they can allow me to pick up or issue e-certificate. no reply yet