+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

nikhilwason

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Vancouver
I haven't received any email yet with further instructions. Nothing after I submitted the signed oath form :( guess I need to start spamming them. This is honestly ridiculous. The people who attended the ceremony in person got their citizenship certificate on the spot. And those of us who attended virtually are the people in this situation.
You don't need to wait for an invite code to be sent to you. You can generate one on your own from the signup page of the portal.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
Hmm, the email I got before the ceremony was an invitation to the Oath Ceremony titled: NOTICE TO APPEAR: Ceremony To Take the Oath of Citizenship by Video
but there is no invite code inside that email or the PDF attached to it. Is this the same email you're referring to?
No it was 2 different email. One for the oath that I received 1 week before, so August 21 and the second one for the e certificate with the code on August 22.
You should contact them.

diyaburman

Jul 8, 2019
You don't need to wait for an invite code to be sent to you. You can generate one on your own from the signup page of the portal.
Incorrect. This invitation code cannot be generated like for a visitor visa application. They need to send this to you - I found a friend of a friend who also recently got his citizenship virtually and who shared with me the email ID from which I need to expect the invitation code. Somehow the email got filtered and didn't go into my SPAM or my TRASH but into some ghost folder in my email client. All my searches inside my inbox for the cic.gc.ca handle didn't locate this email. Only after I searched it with the complete sender's email address did I locate it. So for anyone else, the invitation code should come from this email address: Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca

I was able to sign up on the IRCC portal using that invitation code and download my e-certificate.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Incorrect. This invitation code cannot be generated like for a visitor visa application. They need to send this to you - I found a friend of a friend who also recently got his citizenship virtually and who shared with me the email ID from which I need to expect the invitation code. Somehow the email got filtered and didn't go into my SPAM or my TRASH but into some ghost folder in my email client. All my searches inside my inbox for the cic.gc.ca handle didn't locate this email. Only after I searched it with the complete sender's email address did I locate it. So for anyone else, the invitation code should come from this email address: Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca

I was able to sign up on the IRCC portal using that invitation code and download my e-certificate.
No this is not right. You can generate the code on your own and need not wait for IRCC code as rightly said by @nikhilwason
It works both ways.

Reactions: nikhilwason

sarvesh90

Jun 18, 2018
You and I are in the same boat now. We should give each other moral support :)
Try what the IRCC agent asked me to do. I know it's weird but give it a shot. Open the PDF that you received with instructions to download the e certificate.

In that PDF, there's a section for Downloading the certificate after all the paragraphs about creating account, invite code etc.

Click on the link to the portal in that download section paragraph, and then login to your portal account, the same way you've been logging in all along. It worked for me, I'm not sure if it means anything different but give it a shot.