+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

Vera2018

Nov 28, 2018
where exactly in Oath letter you see an option for e-certificate?
You get paper certificate right away if it's in person ceremony. for virtual ceremonies, it takes 3-4 weeks to get it via regular mail.

If you select e-certificate(given an option), you receive it same/next day after virtual ceremony.
At the bottom of the invitation letter it says applicant can opt for e-certificate. It's an online oath.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
@anksyahoo - They can select an applicant for certificate anytime during the process or during oath as well.

@Vera2018
If it says at the bottom of the oath invitation, then I believe you can reply back to the email and opt for certificate if needed.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
@anksyahoo - They can select an applicant for certificate anytime during the process or during oath as well.

@Vera2018
If it says at the bottom of the oath invitation, then I believe you can reply back to the email and opt for certificate if needed.
as far as I know, only during the test invite.

Not sure if you can request for e-certificate during the Oath instead of paper certificate.

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
as far as I know, only during the test invite.

Not sure if you can request for e-certificate during the Oath instead of a paper certificate.
They said it is mentioned in the oath invitation that they can opt for e-certificate. We cannot request but during oath clerk could offer.
I might be wrong.

anksyahoo

May 4, 2020
They said it is mentioned in the oath invitation that they can opt for e-certificate. We cannot request but during oath clerk could offer.
I might be wrong.
It is mentioned but not sure if we can request it.

The form is generic for everyone(who got a chance for e-certificate) so the wording.

May be if someone has done it- attending virtual Oath and requested for e-certificate. AFAIK, no one has done it.

Reactions: abhcan and manmoi31

manmoi31

Jul 21, 2017
It is mentioned but not sure if we can request it.

The form is generic for everyone(who got a chance for e-certificate) so the wording.

May be if someone has done it- attending virtual Oath and requested for e-certificate. AFAIK, no one has done it.
Thanks for the information, got it :)

senhari2005

Star Member
Aug 29, 2019
Hi, can you please clarify on below ?

how long it will take for the e-certificate to be available to download after oath?

once I download the e-certificate, is it possible for me to apply for passprt same day or next day in passprt office ?