+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

dps86

Jan 19, 2016
I received the certificate today. Here's the timeline, in case anyone's interested:
May 27 - Oath Ceremony (Montreal office)
June 17 - Certificate Shipped
June 24 - Certificate Delivered
Hello.
can you please clarify me 1 thing.
how you know that your certificate is shipped?
I mean where we can check that.
Can you please explain?
Thanks.

Reactions: SALOK

Khadakarle

Mar 22, 2019
App. Filed.......
08-06-2018
AOR Received.
25-07-2018
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Hello.
can you please clarify me 1 thing.
how you know that your certificate is shipped?
I mean where we can check that.
Can you please explain?
Thanks.
I'm curious to know as well!

Pudoo

Oct 19, 2017
I received my certs today (6/23) Posted on (6/21) - Applied passport on 6/23 -Urgent ( Entered Passport office at 1 PM and out at 3:10 PM), Picking up tomorrow 6/24 at 2 PM. I was lucky as the security lady allowed me to enter.

Thanks everyone for all the help - It was a crazy ride.
Congratulations that you got your passport so soon at this time. could you share which passport office did you go to and were the line ups crazy at the office? Also when applying for urgent passport, do you have to provide them your flight ticket. they all emphasizing that dont book your flight untill you get your passport. I just came back to Canada for the oath and heard many people saying that it's very tough to apply for passport at this time. I got nervous as I have to leave the country in July.

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
Hi,
I did my oath on May 30th (Montreal office), and the status tracker is still showing “in process” as off today, June 27th, almost a month ago after the oath.

Should I be concerned?

I signed and sent back the affirmation on the same day barely 1h after the ceremony, by replying to Ceremony of oath convocation, as asked by the agent, and got an email delivery comfirmation.

Is there a way to contact someone to have info about what’s going on with my certificate?

Thanks.

Last edited:

pink1012

Apr 16, 2018
Hi,
I did my oath on May 30th (Montreal office), and the status tracker is still showing “in process” as off today, June 27th, almost a month ago after the oath.

Should I be concerned?

I signed and sent back the affirmation on the same day barely 1h after the ceremony, by replying to Ceremony of oath convocation, as asked by the agent, and got an email delivery comfirmation.

Is there a way to contact someone to have info about what’s going on with my certificate?

Thanks.
Maybe you can try to call 1-888-242-2100
and put UCI and 11411.

Em2802

Jun 22, 2022
and put UCI and 11411.
So I just called, and apparently it’s noted in my file that they “never received” the affirmation of citizenship; though I sent it right after the ceremony and got an email delivery notification from CIC. The agent I got on the phone asked me to send the affirmation again explaining the situation, and I attached 2 screenshots of my mail with PDF and the delivery notification received a minute after.
This is so frustrating and stressful.
Thank you for giving me the number.

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Oath May 6th, no certificated yet, Montreal office, it's been 8 weeks,.. does anyone have the same experience, what would you do besides calling and emailing them. I sent two emails and two webforms, calling they say it has not been mailed yet and they sent me internal msg, no response, this is terrible, I even sent them physical mail inquiry, nothing yet.
This is sucks everyone I know got it in one week. not sure what's happening, or is it just the Montreal office just slowwwww.

pink1012

Apr 16, 2018
Oath May 6th, no certificated yet, Montreal office, it's been 8 weeks,.. does anyone have the same experience, what would you do besides calling and emailing them. I sent two emails and two webforms, calling they say it has not been mailed yet and they sent me internal msg, no response, this is terrible, I even sent them physical mail inquiry, nothing yet.
This is sucks everyone I know got it in one week. not sure what's happening, or is it just the Montreal office just slowwwww.
Do you call call 1-888-242-2100
and put UCI and 11411?

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Do you call call 1-888-242-2100
and put UCI and 11411?
Yes, I called when I hit 6 weeks mark, the agent said will send the Montreal office internal msg, and once they see it they will process it. but i don't trust them. it's been 8 weeks now, no response on emails and webforms. dead silent.

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
and put UCI and 11411.
not much help I can provide except we on the same boat, Oath May 6 been 8 weeks still waiting... good lucky buddy!
but I think Montreal office just sucks, takes forever to process these certs, other offices getting them mailed in a week.

SALOK

Star Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello everyone,
I am waiting for my citizenship certificate.my oath was done on May 18 in Mississauga.Any one in same boat here?I sent them email to confirm they replied that they delivered on May 26.but still not received .
was it Montreal office? my Oath was on May 6th, no certificate yet.

pink1012

Apr 16, 2018
not much help I can provide except we on the same boat, Oath May 6 been 8 weeks still waiting... good lucky buddy!
but I think Montreal office just sucks, takes forever to process these certs, other offices getting them mailed in a week.
Do you check the status of the application?
When is the application closed?