+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Is there anyone still waiting for their certificate to be mailed out at the end of 5th week since taking oath?

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Is there anyone still waiting for their certificate to be mailed out at the end of 5th week since taking oath?
I got it yesterday after waiting 3 weeks and sending an email only yesterday to check on if it was mailed. Lo and behold it was in my post yesterday. So all done. I hope you and everyone who is waiting on the certificate receive it is very soon.

Reactions: saba_nik

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
I got it yesterday after waiting 3 weeks and sending an email only yesterday to check on if it was mailed. Lo and behold it was in my post yesterday. So all done. I hope you and everyone who is waiting on the certificate receive it is very soon.
Congrats! For me it’s been 5 weeks, I called them yesterday again but they said not yet mailed out!

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
So 3 weeks went by, no sign of certificate dispatch. No online status update. I requested it urgently, that was ignored and missed my sibling marriage.
Caused a lot of emotional stress and flight cancellation money loss.
All the support center agents said same thing during that time:
"We have your signed oath form, we see you did ceremony on this and that date. Certificate is printed..just not dispatched yet. Keep sending emails to your oath office if you need it urgently." Nothing happened, Fine, story of past! Let's move on. Hope I get it in 6 weeks, 3 weeks already went by.

IT DID NOT JUST END THERE!

Yesterday, they sent me an email asking for my signed oath form again after 3 weeks of oath ceremony. I was like, that's very weird. I still sent it.
Called support center today. To my surprise and utter shock, this agent said your signed oath form was only uploaded to system yesterday. WTF

I was like but I sent it originally on second week of October 5 minutes after the ceremony. She said no, nothing was uploaded. I told her all the previous agents said signed oath form already uploaded there. Why would they say that then?? Where did the original signed oath form email go? I also got an auto reply. She said I am not sure. She guaranteed me that it was uploaded yesterday. Even gave me her name and agent ID to give me confidence it was indeed uploaded to system yesterday.

This is how IRCC call center or the Winnipeg Office works. This is how they play with our future and files. Unbelievable. 6 weeks of wait effective yesterday. so total 9 weeks for a certificate that was supposed to be urgent.

Lastly, what did I do wrong to deserve this kind of torture? :(
So after how many weeks did you finally receive it?
I completely understand your plight! This is what has been happening to me,
I took my Virtual Citizenship Oath on 1st June, 8:45am, Mississauga Office, Agent -MB; We were told that we will receive certificate within 3-4 weeks. I emailed signed oath form right after the ceremony and received the auto-acknowledgement as well. I made repeated calls and sent multiple web forms earnestly requesting my certificate to be mailed out, as I have urgent travel plans, I need to apply for my passport as well.

On 21st June, The case officer had acknowledged the message put in my file by an agent on IRCC helpline, and said that it's being looked into.

The signed oath form I sent via web-form was finally added to the tracker on Monday, 26th Morning. In spite of my urgent requests and oath form being added to my file, still the certificate hasn't left the office. My online tracker still shows oath in progress, since May 25th 2023. I called them yesterday and it's still not mailed out. Absolutely all emails, webforms & call requests have been ignored! such insensitivity and inefficiency in their work! It's been 5 weeks!! I am in so much anxiety since weeks now.

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Even flight tickets and my sister's marriage invite was not enough as a proof, they still ignored it. I missed her marriage and lost 3k in tickets too.
I have a wedding to attend in first week of August, I kept a big buffer time as I expected I will receive the cert. max by 4 weeks of oath. But it's been 5 weeks they haven't sent it out, how do I travel when they make you cut your PR card during the ceremony, how can I enter back. Obviosly the way they are ignoring my emails, calls & webform requests I don't think they will mail out my certificate even in the next 2 weeks! My planned vacation, money on tikts cancellation and above all sister's wedding....I miss out on everything! Suckass Mississauga office!

rgillani

Mar 24, 2017
Hey, any luck yet? Mine still not mailed out, it’s almost end of 5th week.
This morning tracker status went to green with displaying as "File closed".
Tracker update is 7th of July and file close date is 5th of July.
I didn't get chance to call but I will try to call on Monday and will ask if it left the office or still hatching some eggs.
I live few miles away from Mississauga office,so hopefully post will not take much time.
But finger

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
This morning tracker status went to green with displaying as "File closed".
Tracker update is 7th of July and file close date is 5th of July.
I didn't get chance to call but I will try to call on Monday and will ask if it left the office or still hatching some eggs.
I live few miles away from Mississauga office,so hopefully post will not take much time.
But finger
Hahaha! Good one at least in your case it progressed to hatching stage, if file is closed then hopefully you should get it by next week as they mail it out once they update tracker. In my case it’s still stuck at laying stage…tracker is still in progress.

Rutherfords

Star Member
Sep 7, 2021
Hahaha! Good one at least in your case it progressed to hatching stage, if file is closed then hopefully you should get it by next week as they mail it out once they update tracker. In my case it’s still stuck at laying stage…tracker is still in progress.
Lots of Hen metaphors in this group :) Cheer up everyone - things will be great!

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
I so agree with you!! Oath done on March 6, at Mississauga office.. still awaiting certificate. Did you receive your certificate yet?
Hello, after how many weeks did you finally get your certificate? It's been 5 weeks for me after oath. Mississauga office is just full of lazy officers, they just don't care, I have sent so many emails, web forms & calls!

Jiajia4

Mar 27, 2023
Hey group, I have a quick question for those who requested "e-certificate" in their applications.

I have requested "e-certificate" as part of my online application in March and my oath is scheduled on July 18th. In the oath invitation letter there is one sentence caught my eyes. Under Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony section, it says: "You will be sent your paper citizenship certificate by regular mail within 2 to 4 weeks ONLY once we have received your signed...". I don't understand why it says they will send our paper citizenship certificate.

For those of you have have already received your e-certificates, do they mention that you will receive e-certificate in you oath invitation letters? Many thanks!!!

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey group, I have a quick question for those who requested "e-certificate" in their applications.

I have requested "e-certificate" as part of my online application in March and my oath is scheduled on July 18th. In the oath invitation letter there is one sentence caught my eyes. Under Steps to take AFTER the video oath ceremony section, it says: "You will be sent your paper citizenship certificate by regular mail within 2 to 4 weeks ONLY once we have received your signed...". I don't understand why it says they will send our paper citizenship certificate.

For those of you have have already received your e-certificates, do they mention that you will receive e-certificate in you oath invitation letters? Many thanks!!!
Yes e-certificate is mentioned. Looks like the oath ceremony is paper only one. You can reply to the email and check. Also on oath date you can discuss the same with the oath officer. Only caveat is they may reject your request or ask you to reschedule.

Reactions: Jiajia4