+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Certificate After Oath

ropetech

Nov 21, 2019
Oath date: June 13
Citizenship oath status has been updated to Completed on the tracker and application closed: June 19 (updated 21)
Mailed certificate received: June 22

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Oath date 1st of June ( 5 family members)
Mississauga office.
It's frustrating and funny at the same time.
I told my wife during cermony that " I doubt this agent MB will handle things properly". By my management experienced I judged this.
Tracker sill showing inprogress.
A call made on given number and she said wait 6 weeks.
I said for what?
Certificated already printed before cermony ( that's I assume though because they handover certificated at the time of in-person cermony).
She said,send signed form again and I again said,why ? I have an anowledgement of receipt and I am not responsible if somebody cannot download attachments from the email.
Anyway,I submitted webform with attachments just to be safe.1 week more passed, still shown as inprogess.
I will see next week.
Looks like some administrative mess up in Mississauga office.
Yes exactly, this MB was reading out a wrong address for me, somewhere in Barrie wile I live in Toronto, when I said nooooo that's not my address, she was like ohh sorry, I was reading another person's address....& that time some doubt came in my mind, hope she doesn't mess up any further...and lo....that's exactly what happened I guess for most of us in her batch! That's really frustrating for so many of us if one person is just not efficient in doing their job....well...entitlement mentality I guess! I have re-sent form on email & also uploaded via webform couple of times....unbelievable & absolutely unacceptable...when everything was finally so near after such long wait...they do this again!! I really don't know when they are going to mail it!

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
Mississauga office.
I told my wife during cermony that " I doubt this agent MB will handle things properly". By my management experienced I judged this.
I said for what?
Certificated already printed before cermony ( that's I assume though because they handover certificated at the time of in-person cermony).
She said,send signed form again and I again said,why ? I have an anowledgement of receipt and I am not responsible if somebody cannot download attachments from the email.
Anyway,I submitted webform with attachments just to be safe.1 week more passed, still shown as inprogess.
I will see next week.
It does seem administrative.

Update:
The agent on call said it will be mailed on Monday. I checked the tracking and it already left Mississauga on Friday morning and to be delivered on Monday rather. I am happy to know that.
At the same time classic example of wrong information except in this case I am still grateful it’s good news, whether it left the facility on Friday or Monday.

So hang in there I hope and wish yours come soon and to everyone else waiting.

Reactions: saba_nik

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
I hope so too. On Friday morning around 8:30am I spoke with them but they did not say any such note was there on my file, all they said was 'yeah..they have read our last message that we put when you called us 2 days ago so surely they are working on it'.. I hope all of ours's is mailed out on Monday.

Last edited:

Balanced mind

Jun 25, 2023
Oath date: June 8 (Calgary)
Tracker closed due to application approval: June 20 (updated June 22)
Mailed certificate received: Waiting
Hi! My timeline is similar to yours.
Oath ceremony: June 8 (Calgary)
Oath ceremony updated to completed: June 20 (updated June 22) but tracker still reads in progress
I’ve called IRCC several times and sent several emails asking for the certificate to be processed urgently to the point where they shredded the hard copy certificate they said they had printed and sent me instructions on how to download the e-certificate on June 20. Been trying to download the e-certificate since then but I keep getting the message “your certificate is not available. Please check back 2-5 business days after you’ve provided your signed Oath form.”

I work and live abroad and only travelled to Canada for the Oath ceremony. Was supposed to travel back last week, but I’ve had to postpone my return trip to the first week in July. Fingers crossed and hoping I get it before then. This whole situation is quite nerve wracking.

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Oath ceremony updated to completed: June 20 (updated June 22) but tracker still reads in progress
I’ve called IRCC several times and sent several emails asking for the certificate to be processed urgently to the point where they shredded the hard copy certificate they said they had printed and sent me instructions on how to download the e-certificate on June 20. Been trying to download the e-certificate since then but I keep getting the message “your certificate is not available. Please check back 2-5 business days after you’ve provided your signed Oath form.”

I work and live abroad and only travelled to Canada for the Oath ceremony. Was supposed to travel back last week, but I’ve had to postpone my return trip to the first week in July. Fingers crossed and hoping I get it before then. This whole situation is quite nerve wracking.
I know, it's really frustrating, I have travel planned in 1st week of August and I had planned I will get my passport & surrender of Indian citizenship by then, but after taking oath on 1st June, there is no sign of certificate- they have printed it but not mailed it. If you are having option of e-certificate, then I suggest you travel as per planned and you can download it from anywhere and also apply for passport from any country.

Reactions: Balanced mind

e_ash

Jun 24, 2019
What's the average timeline these days for receiving citizenship certificate from Scarborough office? Oath scheduled for 27 June.

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019
Mailed certificate received: Waiting
Mailed certificate received: June 26

MichaelAp

Star Member
Dec 12, 2019
Winnipeg
Category........
PNP
Nomination.....
10-12-2019

received mine in the mail today.

Reactions: Balanced mind

Balanced mind

Jun 25, 2023
I know, it's really frustrating, I have travel planned in 1st week of August and I had planned I will get my passport & surrender of Indian citizenship by then, but after taking oath on 1st June, there is no sign of certificate- they have printed it but not mailed it. If you are having option of e-certificate, then I suggest you travel as per planned and you can download it from anywhere and also apply for passport from any country.
Thank you my friend. Let’s pray that this issue resolves for the both of us ASAP.

Reactions: saba_nik

saba_nik

Jun 21, 2023
Mississauga office.
I said for what?
I will see next week.
Hi, any update? for me today they said they finally received the signed oath form that I sent via web form and it has been added to my file today, no further notes, hope they mail it out soon.

Kunzy

Jun 21, 2023
Update:

I finally received my certificate this evening June 26 about 6pm. Purolator delivery.
Goodluck to everyone waiting. I must say it feels great to have the process completed. Such a relief.

All the best