+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Ceremony - Do young kids count as guests?

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Hi,

As you can guess from the title, we've just had our oath scheduled!!! After the nightmare of the random quality assurance exercise, it's finally coming to an end. Not got the actual email or letter confirmation yet, but the online status has just recently been updated.

Anyway, my question is around guests. From what I gather, Scarborough guarantee 1 guest per person, and any additional ones just depend on space on the day. So my wife and I could bring 1 each.

As well as a guest or two, we'd like to bring our kids with us (one is 6 months, one is 2 years). They are already Canadian citizens (as they were born here), so they will not be receiving citizenship. Anything on the official website encourages bringing kids, but suggests you bring a guest with you that can look after them (as they can't sit with you) and, if necessary, take them out if they're noisy, etc.

So my question is, do the kids count towards our guest limit, or are they essentially free and we can still bring 1 adult guest each? :) If the online guidance encourages you to bring your kids, but a guest to look after them, then that would automatically push us over the 1 each, if the kids counted as guests. Just want to make sure our bases are covered and no one gets turned away (particularly if they had to take time off work to come), whether we wanted to bring 1 or 2 adult guests.

Thanks all!

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
bring an adult guest each. your own kids of age 6 and 2 wont be counted as guests.
Thank you so much!

We've actually now received the letter. It appears we've been invited to some kind of special ceremony being run in partnership with the Institute for Canadian Citizenship and it is being held at Pearson airport. There are roundtable discussions, the ceremony itself and then a reception afterwards with refreshments, cakes and photographs (so it says!). There is still no number for the Scarborough office, despite the letter being from them. That being said, there is a separate letter from the Institute for Canadian Citizenship that lists the details of this special ceremony, and they listed a phone number. So I was able to call them and get the answers needed.

Thanks again!