+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications Delivered: October 16-20, 2017 (C6)

CanadianIdol259

Oct 12, 2017
Toronto
Application Delivered: Oct 19, 2017
In Process eCAS: Jan 17, 2018

I have still not received my interview letter. The last status in eCas says; We started processing your application on January 17, 2018.

I just checked the spreadsheet and saw that many who have submitted after me got their test date a month back.
Is this normal that I did not get it till now ? Should i be worried ? Or contact CIC ?

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018

I have still not received my interview letter. The last status in eCas says; We started processing your application on January 17, 2018.

I just checked the spreadsheet and saw that many who have submitted after me got their test date a month back.
Is this normal that I did not get it till now ? Should i be worried ? Or contact CIC ?
i think it depends on the person who is processing your application. As long as it is within the 12 month period, the call center can offer you very little help. It is a game of patience and trust me be patient; you will soon receive your invite.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014

Are there any indications that your application migh take more time to approve like:
- residence and work status in other countries beside Canada or home country
- often or long absences from Canada
- incomplete tax filling history
- non continuous work history, part time or contract jobs
- citizenship or travels to countries that US administration calls "axe of evil"
- criminality issues

paulmi07

Mar 31, 2018
Are there any indications that your application migh take more time to approve like:
- residence and work status in other countries beside Canada or home country
- often or long absences from Canada
- incomplete tax filling history
- non continuous work history, part time or contract jobs
- citizenship or travels to countries that US administration calls "axe of evil"
- criminality issues
Hi Sistemc,
i understand your point but i think we should be optimistic and not worry about issues with our application unless there is one. Canadianldol259's Application has only been in process for only about 2 months and to me its normal for applications to take up to 4 months in process. As i said, i am just trying to be optimistic and help to encourage one another rather than being pessimistic and making people to have sleepless nights when there might not be any issues with the application.

Last edited:

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you check your inbox sometimes invite come by email,sometimes they send test invite before background check and yes you should call them after a couple days if you don’t hear from them.
Hi , thanks for responding both of you. I did check my email inbox/spam and I havent received anything . here is the message:

1. We sent you a notice on April 5, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 19, 2018 at 7:45 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us

Nkhlkumar

Jun 6, 2016

Hi there,

Even I'm in the same situation and I think being patient is the only way out. Good luck :))

xmaanix

May 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi there,

Even I'm in the same situation and I think being patient is the only way out. Good luck :))
I am in process since january 3rd, scarborough office. Still nothing

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Once the application switches to In Process there is a big difference in speed of processing between the different offices.

Open the tracker spreadsheet, first sort it by the IP date column, then by the processing office column, and you will be able to compare your timeline to other applicants from your area.

Nkhlkumar

Jun 6, 2016
Once the application switches to In Process there is a big difference in speed of processing between the different offices.

Open the tracker spreadsheet, first sort it by the IP date column, then by the processing office column, and you will be able to compare your timeline to other applicants from your area.
Can you please send me the link to the tracker spreadsheet please.

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Folks, I live in Mississauga & applied for Citizenship on Oct 17th 2017. My application started showing IP on Jan 11th 2018 and on April 3rd, I received a notification for Citizenship Test in Scarborough on April 16th.

Have other applicants that live in Mississauga also been sent for testing to Scarborough?

Thanks & regards,

Mohit