+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

mg7

Sep 19, 2017
Dont think it will get so much delayed usually from 2 weeks to 2 months after test
.. I am from Mississauga too .. what was the reason you ordered GMCS notes? .. did you get test right after ordering it?
As crazy as it can get I believe. I ordered my GMCS notes just to get a better understanding of my application processing. I also contacted the local MP office and right after that I received my test notification. Now, I am worried that I have to go thru the delays of Scarborough.

Reactions: Monmon24

amitdi

Dec 19, 2013
Please I need people to assist me by providing answers to the questions below;

1.I was in Canada in 2013 for 10 days on excursions. Will I include these 10 days as part of my physical presence?
2.In determining my physical presence calculation using cic calculator,I came to Canada in January 2014 with 6 months TRV,on getting to Canada, I made a refugee claim around February and I became a protected person in April.My question here is ,will I include the period I was a claimant before becoming a protected person as still part of my visiting period or I will ignore it? I. e between February and April 2014 when I was a claimant but my TRV was still valid though my passport was confiscated .
3.When i became a permanent residence,I travelled with my passport once to a third country and when it expired there after I renewed the passport here in canada in my country's high commission. Hope this will not have any negative effect in determining my citizenship?
Thanks in anticipation of your quick answers,suggestions and way forward.
Go to physical presence calculator online and enter all the dates. It will automatically include the dates its supposed to. You dont have to worry about answering these questions. All the best.

Regarding 3, you have to enter that information truthfully and follow the process. Whether it will have any negative impact is beyond your control and there is no point about worrying for things beyond your control. Thats my opinion. All the best.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
As crazy as it can get I believe. I ordered my GMCS notes just to get a better understanding of my application processing. I also contacted the local MP office and right after that I received my test notification. Now, I am worried that I have to go thru the delays of Scarborough.
dont worry man within 2 months if not less you ll have your oath .. what did you choose privacy act or information act? .. what documents should I attach?

Last edited:

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
what should I choose privacy act or information act?
Click Next button on bottom
check "I have read, understood and agree with the above Privacy Notice."
Continue

From drop down select Immigration, Refugees citizenship Canada

Rest is self guided

Reactions: Monmon24

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
I ordered one too .. you and Razerblade ordered and it seems the only choice after waiting too long for the test .. and will see

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
All,
Just have a question. If some fails the Citizenship test then what will be the next step ? He will be re-invited for test ?

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
All,
Just have a question. If some fails the Citizenship test then what will be the next step ? He will be re-invited for test ?
Yes, he will be re-invited. If he fails again then they schedule an interview with an immigration officer. (I've no idea what happens in that interview, but you have 2 chances to give the test)

Reactions: optimistic6

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Did you figure out that which option should be chosen ? Privacy Act or Information act ? Thanks

Anyone knows that what is the best time to request for GCMS notes ? Because I just received my AOR after 4 months when I submitted my second application ?
Information Act .. someone here said after 2 months of hearing nothing in process .. I am 4 months in process .. well if you just started in process then its early to order GCMS I guess give some time ..