+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks, that makes sense .. I'm from Etobicoke, but my app is processing in Mississauga based on my chat with IRCC .. I called them twice, firstly they simply told me where my app was being processed, 2nd time after couple weeks, they said background checks are completed so I should wait for correspondence from them on next steps .. hope my test invite comes soon, would be a huge relief to put this long journey behind ..:rolleyes:
Are you an October applicant?

I can't find you in Spreadsheet. Do you want to share your timeline, and I will add your timeline in spreadsheet>

Application type (single/ family):
physical presence days:
Date Delivered:
AOR:
In-Process date:

Krutika

Star Member
May 5, 2016
Are you an October applicant?

I can't find you in Spreadsheet. Do you want to share your timeline, and I will add your timeline in spreadsheet>

Application type (single/ family):
physical presence days:
Date Delivered:
AOR:
In-Process date:
Here u go ..

Application type (single/ family): Single
physical presence days: 1406
Date Delivered: Nov 15th
AOR: Nov 22nd
In-Process date: Dec 11th

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
No, I do not know anyone who did do that..but that's just something I would do if I had sent in 2 applications. I agree about the agents though!
Did you check on your ECAS? What does it show there?
It shows two simple lines stating that they received my second application

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Hi,

So i ended up sending 2 applications as i used the wrong form on the first application but it was Complete

The first one was delivered on oct13, 2017 and the second one was delivered on oct16, 2017

I got my AOR on Dec4, 2017 and the ECAS says application received on Oct16, 2017 so it definitely was the second application

Now saying that I still have not received the first application back but i dont think It will get returned because in essence it was complete but if it gets returned saying you used the wrong form on this application, that is possible.

I sent the second application with a cover letter explaining what happened and why I am sending the second application. currently waiting on test invite. I will update the thread if I get something back but frankly just hoping to get the invite as I see some movement for Brampton applications.

Hope this helps
Thanks alot for clarification
Good luck

Feb 23, 2018
Hi there
Below is the information about my file .
Can anyone guide what is the next stage and any estimate when can I get to next stage according to the processing trend .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book on January 10, 2018

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
Hi there
Can anyone guide what is the next stage and any estimate when can I get to next stage according to the processing trend .

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on November 14, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book on January 10, 2018
the next stage is 'in process'. There is no exact time when your application will go to that stage. But I am guessing that you will receive it within a month.

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
Thanks, that makes sense .. I'm from Etobicoke, but my app is processing in Mississauga based on my chat with IRCC .. I called them twice, firstly they simply told me where my app was being processed, 2nd time after couple weeks, they said background checks are completed so I should wait for correspondence from them on next steps .. hope my test invite comes soon, would be a huge relief to put this long journey behind ..:rolleyes:
Can you please tell us how long took the background checks to end ? Did you get Finger print request ?

Canaussie7

Jun 16, 2017
Has anyone had to get a new passport from your home county while citizenship is in progress? We went in progress on February 13th. My passport expires May 1st. Just trying to avoid any potential problems of adding a new passport to the mix.

HLR

Champion Member
May 28, 2013
Hi there

I have added you to the Nov sheet. Can you share your

Physical Presence Days
App. Sent

for the spread sheet? Thanks

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Has anyone had to get a new passport from your home county while citizenship is in progress? We went in progress on February 13th. My passport expires May 1st. Just trying to avoid any potential problems of adding a new passport to the mix.
In my opinion you will have no problem at all. I APPLIED with an expired passport and there was no problem.