+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Eligibility period is from 2013-02-11 to 2018-02-11
Received PR and moved to Canada in 2015-01-16.
In online presence calculator, does he need to mention any travels outside of home country between 2013-02-11 and 2015-1-16?
--------------

Note that the physical calculator absence page asks for the DATE LEFT CANADA. Before getting the PR, he was outside of Canada. He became PR, then he moved to Canada for the first time. How could he mention when he left Canada before he even entered? Please give me more suggestion. He visited Thailand for 4 days in 2014. What does he need to mention in Online presence calculator?
I forget how it is worded, in particular, but in going through the process of entering information into the presence calculator an applicant who has been outside Canada on any date during the full eligibility period needs to respond in a way that opens the interface for entering travel dates. It will not (last I tried, at least not without a warning) allow entering dates prior to the first day of the eligibility period. If the applicant was outside Canada on the first day of the eligibility period, enter that date as date of exit and then enter date when the applicant came to Canada as date of entry. The instructions state to list, in addition to the destination country, all countries traveled to during this period, listing them in the box for entering the purpose or reason for the trip. No need to list dates for those, just list of countries.

This will assure, for example, that any stamps in the passport related to those trips are readily correlated to the disclosed trip to the respective country.

Reactions: noor2017

noor2017

Oct 19, 2017
Thank you for your reply.
Can I mention the following in reason field for my stay in India before getting the PR?
From 2013-01-11 to 2015-01-16, Destination: India
Reason field:
I lived in India before I got Permanent Residency (PR). I visited Thailand from 2014-06-23 to 2014-06-26. I moved to Canada for the first time on 2015-01-16 and became permanent resident on the same date.

------------ just for your reference ----
Eligibility period is from 2013-02-11 to 2018-02-11 Received PR and moved to Canada in 2015-01-16. In online presence calculator, does he need to mention any travels outside of home country between 2013-02-11 and 2015-1-16?

Note that the physical calculator absence page asks for the DATE LEFT CANADA. Before getting the PR, he was outside of Canada. He became PR, then he moved to Canada for the first time. How could he mention when he left Canada before he even entered? Please give me more suggestion. He visited Thailand for 4 days in 2014. What does he need to mention in Online presence calculator?

I forget how it is worded, in particular, but in going through the process of entering information into the presence calculator an applicant who has been outside Canada on any date during the full eligibility period needs to respond in a way that opens the interface for entering travel dates. It will not (last I tried, at least not without a warning) allow entering dates prior to the first day of the eligibility period. If the applicant was outside Canada on the first day of the eligibility period, enter that date as date of exit and then enter date when the applicant came to Canada as date of entry. The instructions state to list, in addition to the destination country, all countries traveled to during this period, listing them in the box for entering the purpose or reason for the trip. No need to list dates for those, just list of countries.

This will assure, for example, that any stamps in the passport related to those trips are readily correlated to the disclosed trip to the respective country.

canada119

Nov 2, 2013
Alberta
I have so many questions. How many people were at the exam (estimate)? What were the questions the interviewer asked? Were the exam questions all date related or just random across the spectrum? Which exam website did you use the most to prepare for the exam? How many interviewers were available at the exam? Didd they let you know what date you will hear back from them about Oath? What do you mean by "the officer was very helpful?" I have more but I'm sure that's all you can handle for now. Cheers.
Just relax, No need to exaggerate. Exam from my stand point is not that hard. Just study Discover Canada guide and link provided and you should be fine.

thegentleman

Mar 14, 2013
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
June 21th 2012 Med's Done....: June 21th 2012
Doc's Request.
February 4, 2013
AOR Received.
N/A Sponsorship Approved: October 17, 2012
File Transfer...
October 17, 2012 In Process: January 30, 2013 RPRF Request..: February 4, 2013
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
Exempt.
VISA ISSUED...
Exempt. COPR Received: May 8, 2013
LANDED..........
May 19, 2013
Just relax, No need to exaggerate. Exam from my stand point is not that hard. Just study Discover Canada guide and link provided and you should be fine.
Who is exaggerating? I'm simply asking some questions. Why is everyone so uptight in this forum. If you didn't want to answer, just don't answer.

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017
Does anybody from Fort Mcmurray got any test invitation letter? On the website it's schedule for February 2018 with dates to be announce.......we are already midway through but no dates yet is it normal?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Thank you for your reply.
Can I mention the following in reason field for my stay in India before getting the PR?
From 2013-01-11 to 2015-01-16, Destination: India
Reason field:
I lived in India before I got Permanent Residency (PR). I visited Thailand from 2014-06-23 to 2014-06-26. I moved to Canada for the first time on 2015-01-16 and became permanent resident on the same date.

------------ just for your reference ----
Eligibility period is from 2013-02-11 to 2018-02-11 Received PR and moved to Canada in 2015-01-16. In online presence calculator, does he need to mention any travels outside of home country between 2013-02-11 and 2015-1-16?

No need to say so much.

Again, if the applicant is outside Canada as of the first day in the eligibility period (even if never in Canada), just list first date in the eligibility period as a date of exit, the "from" date (yeah, technically this is not a date of exit, but it works). The "to" date would be the first date of entry into Canada. List home country as destination. "Resident in home country" in the reason box, and add "visited Thailand" or "visited Thailand with dates" and that is enough. No need to make additional reference to becoming a PR. This is full disclosure of requested information and it will be easily understood for what it is: applicant mostly in home country until first arrival in Canada.

My impression is that more than a few applicants do not populate dates in the presence calculator until the date of landing, and that too is probably working. My sense leans toward full disclosure of requested information but it is not as if IRCC is approaching these elements of an application in a hyper-technical way.

Be sure to apply with a comfortable margin over the minimum requirement. A couple weeks at least.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Sometimes it's good to look back to see how far you have come. e.g. last year this time C6 was still in its Second Reading stage at the Senate committee. Some were saying: this bill is dead; it wouldn't be implemented until spring 2018; processing would take 2-4 years etc. But instead, this bill was implemented 127 days ago (about 4 months) and some applicants are already applying for passport. Considering where we were in Feb 2017, I'd say, so far, things are going better than expected (at least for some of us).

boateng

Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May5, 2015 (application received)
AOR Received.
AOR1 : June3 2015
IELTS Request
01 Feb 2013
Med's Done....
April 2015
Interview........
hopefully not
Reactions: salimnw

rashcanada

Star Member
Dec 26, 2010
Toronto
lol compared to Brampton, Toronto is pretty fast :)
+1 on that...
> is there a way we can know where the file is getting processed?
> also, would agents actually know the file status or, they'll just guess?
> Can we request urgent processing? (i'm "in progress" from about 2 months now)

optimistic6

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Friends,
Its almost 2 months my application package delivered to IRCC ... there is no further info... no AOR.
is there anything which I can do to get further update ? Please help

Thanks