none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hello Everyone,
I got hold of IRCC agent and asked about my citizenship application status. My application has been in process since Dec 19 2017. She told me that the application has been transferred to Calgary office and undergoing background check and awaiting test date finalization in Calgary. Wanted to know if someone in the group went thru same and what do they mean by background check. Also any idea how long is this process before i get test invite call. The test invite is thru call email or letter.
Check here https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/calgary-applicant-oct-2017.532869/page-8

Calgary thread.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Sexual assualt charge under domestic violence will hinder citizenship grant???????
OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Situations that may prevent you from becoming a Canadian citizen

An offence is any violation of a Canadian law or act, whether or not it occurs in Canada. It can include anything from trespassing or damaging property to immigration fraud or violent crime. There are two main types:
  • Summary offences — These are less serious. The maximum penalty for a summary offence is usually a $5,000 fine and/or six months in jail.
  • Indictable offences — These are more serious and include theft over $5,000, break and enter, aggravated sexual assault and murder. Maximum penalties vary and include life in prison. Some have minimum penalties.
To be eligible to become a Canadian citizen, you must not be prohibited under the Citizenship Act. You cannot become a citizen if you:

• are on parole or on probation or serving a term of imprisonment in Canada
  • are serving a sentence outside Canada
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence under the Citizenship Act, or an indictable offence in Canada,
  • are charged with, on trial for, or involved in an appeal for an offence committed outside Canada that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada
  • are under a removal order (Canadian officials have asked you to leave Canada)
  • are being investigated for, are charged with, on trial for, involved in an appeal for or have been convicted of a war crime or a crime against humanity
  • have had a citizenship application refused for misrepresentation in the past five years
  • have had your Canadian citizenship revoked (taken away) because of fraud in the past ten years
  • have been convicted of an indictable offence in Canada or an offence under the Citizenship Act in the four yearsbefore you apply
  • have been convicted outside Canada of an offence that is determined to be equivalent to an indictable offence in Canada in the four years before you apply, even if you were pardoned or otherwise granted amnesty for the offence,

lofoten82

Oct 15, 2017
Finally, after 105 days, we have just received our AOR.
Could you please add us to the tracker?

Nickname: Lofoten82
Application sent: OCT 21
Application received: OCT 25
AOR: FEB 06!!!
Days spent in Canada: 1115
Family of 2
From the sunny Calgary

I did try all the methods to speed up/track our application just one worked out, the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, in other words, PATIENCE

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014

Family of 2
From the sunny Calgary

I did try all the methods to speed up/track our application just one worked out, the capacity to accept or tolerate delay, in other words, PATIENCE
Added. Good luck!

anasja2000

Star Member
May 17, 2017

Family of 2
From the sunny Calgary

Have you tried to contact your local MP?

sukhi7

Star Member
Nov 6, 2016
Recd Test invitation letter today.

My location and residence address is Calgary and never changed in last 5 years but letter states Test/interview location at Edmonton.
Another supplement to main letter with the list of documents says to present all docs at Calgary (No date on this)

Any one with similar situation.

Communities

Dec 18, 2017

Family of 2
From the sunny Calgary

Since you have learned it, I pray you get the test date within 1 month

Voltron123

Oct 27, 2017
I hit the jackpot and received fingerprint and background check request!!! The mail ruined my evening. I have a question:

Has anyone received a FP request in Montreal? Where should I go? RCMP near my home or Accredited fingerprint companies? The website doesn't really give specific info about this.

Thank you in advance

Reactions: Monmon24

Neymar

Jun 5, 2017
I have a question l want to apply for citizenship can l submit my high school diploma l did with lnteenarional Career school of Canada (ICS)online for two years? Will it be admitted?

Monmon24

Star Member
Oct 10, 2017
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
08-12-2017
I hit the jackpot and received fingerprint and background check request!!! The mail ruined my evening. I have a question:

Has anyone received a FP request in Montreal? Where should I go? RCMP near my home or Accredited fingerprint companies? The website doesn't really give specific info about this.

Thank you in advance

Why worried search for accredited one .. and they have an address to where they are going to return back the result good luck I have the same request :D

Reactions: Voltron123