spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi

My query regarding question 9 C of Form CIT 0002, i e citizenship for adults.
It says during your eligibility period did you lived outside Canada--- my answer is YES but it says if your answer is yes fill Form CIT 0177, but this form is for people who or their spouse per on crown duty while outside Canada.

I was not doing any crown duty while away from Canada during eligibility period nor was my spouse.

What should be my answer for 9C.
Choose yes, fill out the form CIT0177 but just write N/A in both sections and sign it. This is the safest method. Although others have just not filled out the form and it was ok. Still, to be sure I would submit the form.

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Is there anyone received test invite from Regina at all? I see no one including me. Worst office of all time....
There is no IRCC office in Regina but only in Saskatoon. So the IRCC makes sessions for test/interviews for southern SK applicants. According to their website they are planning a session in Regina in March for Regina, Moose Jaw, Weyburn, Estevan etc. applicants. The date is not yet determined. Looking at the spreadsheets, I see that they send test invitations 20-30 days before the test date. I hope October's Regina applicants (like me) will get an invitation within February for the March session they are planning.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
...Although others have just not filled out the form and it was ok. Still, to be sure I would submit the form.
A lot of applications were returned for people who checked 'Yes' to that question, but didn't attach Cit 0177, despite attaching an explanation letter.

Niloy001

Star Member
Aug 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
June 3, 2016
File Transfer...
July 25, 2016
Med's Done....
Done upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Nov 1, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 14, 2016
LANDED..........
Feb 10, 2017
There is no IRCC office in Regina but only in Saskatoon. So the IRCC makes sessions for test/interviews for southern SK applicants. According to their website they are planning a session in Regina in March for Regina, Moose Jaw, Weyburn, Estevan etc. applicants. The date is not yet determined. Looking at the spreadsheets, I see that they send test invitations 20-30 days before the test date. I hope October's Regina applicants (like me) will get an invitation within February for the March session they are planning.
Awesome! Thanks for the info and YES I actually meant applicants from Regina, I knew Saskatoon is the only office here. Well thats a bi update, thanks. Can you please share the link of the website where March session info posted. TIA

zeste

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Last edited:
Reactions: Niloy001

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
A lot of applications were returned for people who checked 'Yes' to that question, but didn't attach Cit 0177, despite attaching an explanation letter.
Yes, I know. With some people it worked, with some people it didn't. So definitely better to attach it!

tonyfreemania

Nov 17, 2016
Folks, out of curiosity, about how long after taking the citizenship test can one expect to take the oath? I just received an invitation yesterday to take the test on February 26.

Thanks in advance guys!

CanadianSoonToBe

Mar 8, 2017
Mississauga
Folks, out of curiosity, about how long after taking the citizenship test can one expect to take the oath? I just received an invitation yesterday to take the test on February 26.

Thanks in advance guys!
No one can really say for sure. It depends on your location mostly but the officers at your test interview will say that you would get the oath invite within 2 months after the test or in some cases they'll say that you'll get it before 1 year from your application recd date. Good Luck for your test! :)

tonyfreemania

Nov 17, 2016
No one can really say for sure. It depends on your location mostly but the officers at your test interview will say that you would get the oath invite within 2 months after the test or in some cases they'll say that you'll get it before 1 year from your application recd date. Good Luck for your test! :)
Thanks- but a year? I have seen folks taking the test and taking the oath on the same date! Anyway I will just wait. Thanks again

jaggy257

Star Member
Aug 24, 2014
How does CIC send test invites...even though my status is still at application revived just curious to know...Winnipeg applicants if any please share your exp

irnbru16

Star Member
Nov 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2014
AOR Received.
25-03-2014
Med's Request
02-04-2015
Med's Done....
09-04-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
29-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-05-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
Hello All,

Though i haven't received a test invite yet, but i am wondering where my test center would be? Because my address is of Toronto but mailing address is of Hamilton.

Thanks

tonyfreemania

Nov 17, 2016
How does CIC send test invites...even though my status is still at application revived just curious to know...Winnipeg applicants if any please share your exp
I saw a notification when I checked the status online. It says I will receive formal invite with address in the mail.

jack2014

Star Member
Nov 17, 2014
Hello ,

Application status changed from received to In process today.
How long does it take get a test date?

Thanks

dsiddiqui

Oct 20, 2017
Hello Everyone,
I got hold of IRCC agent and asked about my citizenship application status. My application has been in process since Dec 19 2017. She told me that the application has been transferred to Calgary office and undergoing background check and awaiting test date finalization in Calgary. Wanted to know if someone in the group went thru same and what do they mean by background check. Also any idea how long is this process before i get test invite call. The test invite is thru call email or letter.