+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Sorry no desperation on my part. I passed the test, why are the results only valid for 2 years? I just wanted a copy other than the sealed one that you cannot open and have send in with the PR application.

Native English speaker for my entire life so it's not like I forgot English after 50 years. It feels like another cash grab plain and simple. AND it was never explained to me that my results would be erased from any correspondence I have and reviewed from them.

Have a B.F.A. degree from an English teaching/speaking University so will end up using that.
Why would you opt to do a language test in the first place, when you confirm that you are a native English speaker and have a university degree taught in English?

OsamaR

Mar 24, 2011
Hi Experts,

I have a question with regards to Q # 11

During my 3 years of work I took 2 courses (3 months each) so how do I reflect that when completing the table?

for example:

Scenario (1)

Jan 2017 - Present - Work
Sep 2016 - Dec 2016 Study
Jan 2016 - Sep 2016 Work
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015 Study
Jan 2015 - Sep 2015 Work

Scenario (2)

Jan 2017 - Jan 2015 - Work
Sep 2016 - Dec 2016 Study
Sep 2015 - Dec 2015 Study

Thanks guys

Divine Favour

Star Member
Feb 22, 2014
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
Dec 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 2014
File Transfer...
Feb 2014
Med's Done....
Nov 2013
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
May 2014
VISA ISSUED...
May 2014
LANDED..........
July 2014
in the same boat with you. took an online course between 2014-2015 and was working during that time. i added those times in scenario 2. someone with more experience advise. thanks

Reactions: OsamaR

Ashwani95

Jun 12, 2017
Hello Experts,

Please advise for Point 15 a) Do you have proof of English language: I said "Yes" and I am submitting my MBA degree and ITELTS score copy.

Please advise, do I need to say "Yes" or "No" for next question " Did you successfully complete the LINC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from Jan 2008 to Oct 2012? (I did not attend any of these courses). I am wondering if they are also referring for ITELS here?

Please also advise if I need to submit only IELTS score copy or MBA Degree or Both?

Canven84

Oct 17, 2017
Hello Experts,

Please advise for Point 15 a) Do you have proof of English language: I said "Yes" and I am submitting my MBA degree and ITELTS score copy.

Please advise, do I need to say "Yes" or "No" for next question " Did you successfully complete the LINC courses at CLB 4/NCLC 4 or higher from Jan 2008 to Oct 2012? (I did not attend any of these courses). I am wondering if they are also referring for ITELS here?

Please also advise if I need to submit only IELTS score copy or MBA Degree or Both?
Hi, I'm not an expert but as you didn't attend these courses then you should answer "No".

As per the language requirement the IELTS with CLB above 4 should be more than enough. (I would say that IELTS is more straightforward as with the MBA you might need to prove that the entire program was in English)

Reactions: Ashwani95

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
Hello Experts,

Was your MBA done in English or French? If it is the case, then you don't need an "ITELTS score copy"... on the other hand, you can send the test score copy by itself. In any case, whatever you do, follow the guide.

Choose one of the following types of language proof to submit with your application:

1. Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

Examples of third-party tests include:
    • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking).
      • If you took the test after April 1, 2014, you must have a score of level 4 or higher in listening and speaking.
      • If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you must have a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
      • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
      • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)
    • Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF), Test d’Évaluation du Français adapté au Québec (TEFAQ) or TEF pour la naturalisation.
      • If you took the test after July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
        • Niveau B1 or higher, (i.e. B2, C1 or C2) in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale
      • If you took the test before July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
        • Niveau 3 or higher in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale. (Note: if you took the Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) before July 1st, 2012, you need a level 3 for expression orale only. This applies only to the TEF and not the TEFAQ or TEF pour la naturalisation.
      We will accept the following proof if you have submitted them in the past for immigration purposes to Quebec (note: these tests align with the échelle québécoise and not officially with CLB/NCLC 4):
      • Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) – All test results
      • Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) – Level B1 or higher
      • Test de connaissance du français(TCF) – Niveau B1 or higher
      • Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) – Niveau B1 or higher
  2. You attended a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.
    • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    • If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
      • an official translation of the original document and
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution

Last edited:

Ashwani95

Jun 12, 2017
Was your MBA done in English or French? If it is the case, then you don't need an "ITELTS score copy"... on the other hand, you can send the test score copy by itself. In any case, whatever you do, follow the guide.

Choose one of the following types of language proof to submit with your application:

1. Results from a third-party language test

Your language test result must be equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB/NCLC)/Niveaux de compétence linguistique canadiens level 4 or higher in speaking and listening. If you did the test in the past for immigration or citizenship purposes, we will accept the results even if it has expired.

Examples of third-party tests include:
    • Canadian English Language Proficiency Index Program General Test (CELPIP-G) or the CELPIP-General LS (listening and speaking).
      • If you took the test after April 1, 2014, you must have a score of level 4 or higher in listening and speaking.
      • If you took the test before April 1, 2014, you must have a score of 2H or higher (i.e., 3L, 3H, 4L, 4H, 5L, or 5H) in listening and speaking.
    • International English Language Testing System (IELTS), general training, not the academic version You must have a score of:
      • 4.0 or higher in speaking and
      • 4.5 or higher in listening. (Note: If the test was done before November 28, 2008, we will accept a level 4 or higher)
    • Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF), Test d’Évaluation du Français adapté au Québec (TEFAQ) or TEF pour la naturalisation.
      • If you took the test after July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
        • Niveau B1 or higher, (i.e. B2, C1 or C2) in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale
      • If you took the test before July 1st, 2012, you must have a score of:
        • Niveau 3 or higher in Compréhension de l’oral and Expression orale. (Note: if you took the Test d’Évaluation de Français (TEF) before July 1st, 2012, you need a level 3 for expression orale only. This applies only to the TEF and not the TEFAQ or TEF pour la naturalisation.
      We will accept the following proof if you have submitted them in the past for immigration purposes to Quebec (note: these tests align with the échelle québécoise and not officially with CLB/NCLC 4):
      • Diplôme approfondi de langue française (DALF) – All test results
      • Diplôme d’études en langue française (DELF) – Level B1 or higher
      • Test de connaissance du français(TCF) – Niveau B1 or higher
      • Test de connaissance du français pour le Québec (TCFQ) – Niveau B1 or higher
  2. You attended a secondary or post-secondary education program in English or French, either in Canada or abroad.
    • A degree, diploma, certificate or official transcripts from a secondary or post-secondary education program showing you studied in English or French, in Canada or abroad.
    • If the original document is in a different language, include:
      • a letter from the school showing that the language of instruction was in English or French along with
      • an official translation of the original document and
      • the address and contact information (phone number) of the education institution
My MBA is in English. I am only worried, if I should only attached IELTS copy or MBA degree or both?

dony

Jun 4, 2012
Guys, I sent my application last Sunday from Calgary, it was signed today by Ryan Launrendeau , while almost all the documents were fine for my single application I realized that I forgot to print my name on the back of the photos, which I took again today and I just sent by mail with a letter explaining my mistake and a copy of my receipt (in order to have a reference with my full application received today). Guys any thought about what could happen or any similar experience?. I was thinking when I'll receive the AOR my email I can ask them if they are aware that I sent new photos.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
My MBA is in English. I am only worried, if I should only attached IELTS copy or MBA degree or both?
Well, if you follow the checklist and the instruction guide, you should be fine. Forgive me in advance... the only reason you should worry is if your MBA was done at one of those non-accredited (online) schools (meant no disrespect). Then the test score would be best. :)

Last edited:

Ashwani95

Jun 12, 2017
Well, if you follow the checklist and the instruction guide, you should be fine. Forgive me in advance... the only reason you should worry is if your MBA was done at one of those non-accredited (online) schools (meant no disrespect). Then the test score would be best. :)

Good one. But I am not worry since my degree from very reputed university. However, I will go with IELTS as that was the first in the required list.

Thank You Dear :)

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
Tried, my account has been deleted. I called them directly and started to give them my Registration Number -- they stopped me and said, "Is this an older number?" Yes, I said from 2013. Their reply, "Sorry we do not keep them after 2 years, but you can re-test". My reply, "Wow, what a scam!"

Why are these results not in the Immigrations database from PR? Can go the University degree in English route, but what a scam!
It is in PR database and I got them through privacy act, just file one with CIC and ask for physical file, they send you a CD which contains that test result as well.

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
Guys, I sent my application last Sunday from Calgary, it was signed today by Ryan Launrendeau , while almost all the documents were fine for my single application I realized that I forgot to print my name on the back of the photos, which I took again today and I just sent by mail with a letter explaining my mistake and a copy of my receipt (in order to have a reference with my full application received today). Guys any thought about what could happen or any similar experience?. I was thinking when I'll receive the AOR my email I can ask them if they are aware that I sent new photos.
I made the same mistake when I applied for my PR! They returned my application. CIC call center mentioned that the officer does no have ability to put together missing information before the file is open! The complete application must be in the same envelope. And again name on the back is not a big deal some officer might now even check that. So good luck!

woodworker

Aug 17, 2012
Pakistan
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/Jan/2012
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
29/Feb/2012
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
Med's Done....
26.12.2013....3rd line 17/1/2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15/Jan/2014 PPR1 & PPR2 24/Jan/2014. Decision made on 27.Jan.2014
VISA ISSUED...
24/Jan/2014....recieved 30/Jan/2014
LANDED..........
13th june 2014
Ielts is fine.just attach Ielts.

Reactions: Ashwani95

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
Do you guys know if we can track application status on My CIC account or application status online?
Yes, you can check your application status online after you have received "Acknowledgement of Receipt" (AOR) of your application from IRCC.