+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

cherukuriramb

Aug 27, 2017
Can people just read the guide first and only ask questions that seem unclear or not answered in the guide - instead of rushing to post here?

Please let people having difficult and specific questions/peculiar circumstances have quick answers to their questions by not clogging up space with questions that seem answered in the guide already.
Hi i am in usa / and i am eligible ,my wife in canada she also eleigible please help me

1. can i take pics in usa
2.can i send application to my wife so she can post please answer

cherukuriramb

Aug 27, 2017
Just make sure you know the new specifications. Not all stores are aware of last months changes are some have given the old size to applicants.
Hi i am in usa / and i am eligible ,my wife in canada she also eleigible please help me

graham1710

Star Member
Oct 8, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Cpp-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-03-2013
AOR Received.
PER: 09-04-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
19-04-2013
Med's Request
07-01-2014
Med's Done....
14-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
27-02-2014
LANDED..........
In Canada since October 2012. Landed as a PR on March 8th 2014.
Good, The checklist has been updated as well! Less paper work, more streamline processing!!

Those who have already sent do not worry, you are not missing anything!

What changed in the document checklist? I've downloaded again and don't see any changes.

As I pointed out, the guide has changed (to remove the need for COPR, PR Card, etc.), but I don't actually see a change to the document checklist. It's possible I'm just being blind though, so hoping you can let me know what change you see specifically.

Thanks!

Niette

Apr 2, 2015

you should have a return day on the calculator , so you must visit Canada again (even it is only for one day) to complete the calculator and sign.

ibry

Jul 25, 2010
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
What changed in the document checklist? I've downloaded again and don't see any changes.

As I pointed out, the guide has changed (to remove the need for COPR, PR Card, etc.), but I don't actually see a change to the document checklist. It's possible I'm just being blind though, so hoping you can let me know what change you see specifically.

Thanks!
What he said.... would love to know too

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good, The checklist has been updated as well! Less paper work, more streamline processing!!

Those who have already sent do not worry, you are not missing anything!
so we dont need to provide COPR ? I'm giving pr card as an ID anyway (2 id required, hope this is okay)
and if I got a new passport in 2015 (and my qualifying period is from 2012) should I include the old passport photo copy as well ?

thanks in advance

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017

Thanks!
You are right doucment checklist is same as it was before. Sorry for the confusion, only guide is changed.

Niette

Apr 2, 2015
friends , please help us with section 11 it is soooo confusing.
It is asking where physically my wife (who is applying) was located through all eligibility period.
While she was working , we were taking some vacation trips of week or two . Does she need to list those places while actually she did not work there , she worked in Canada and just vacationed there for a short period as part of her off days from work (she did state those trips in her presence calculator though)?
She also was on maternity leave and during this period she visited family back home for 7 months while I stayed in Canada . Should she mention our home address in Canada as physical location or the country of visit (she also moved from family to family there , so it will be too many places)?

Thank you and sorry if this question was already asked ... I tried to go through all 101 pages so far , but probably missed anything related.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I know from a reliable source that no CoPR is needed.

So the document checklist was correct from the start, they just made the mistake of leaving it in the application guide.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
friends , please help us with section 11 it is soooo confusing.
It is asking where physically my wife (who is applying) was located through all eligibility period.
While she was working , we were taking some vacation trips of week or two . Does she need to list those places while actually she did not work there , she worked in Canada and just vacationed there for a short period as part of her off days from work (she did state those trips in her presence calculator though)?
She also was on maternity leave and during this period she visited family back home for 7 months while I stayed in Canada . Should she mention our home address in Canada as physical location or the country of visit (she also moved from family to family there , so it will be too many places)?

Thank you and sorry if this question was already asked ... I tried to go through all 101 pages so far , but probably missed anything related.
No, you don't need to list vacation addresses. You only list your major "life steps" (work, study, unemployed, housewife, part-time job) and the related addresses. No need for addresses for vacation etc.

If your wife was for maternity leave in a different country, I would say she was residing there. So she should list "maternity leave, staying with extended family" or something.

As always: If you fear that you can't really explain yourself, do the best job you can on the form and attach a separate sheet with explanations.

And of course, list EVERYTHING on the presence calculator, every single vacation (but no addresses needed there, just general location)

CANADIANZ

Mar 30, 2017
I know from a reliable source that no CoPR is needed.

So the document checklist was correct from the start, they just made the mistake of leaving it in the application guide.
That is actually good. I think IRCC have employed more efficeint internal processes to streamline application processing.

Since all immigration documents are issued by IRCC, it should be a matter of click to look for them in database.

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
That is actually good. I think IRCC have employed more efficeint internal processes to streamline application processing.

Since all immigration documents are issued by IRCC, it should be a matter of click to look for them in database.
Exactly. Until now it was basically the doctor who asked you for a sick note. :)

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

1) Yes but they must meet the photo specifications listed on the IRCC website. Take a printout with you.
2) Yes.

lost_passport

Oct 9, 2017
URGENT - I might be able to put a hold on my package
Guys, I noticed a mistake in my online calculator.
I travelled to UAE in 2012 through Algeria (transit), but I put UAE as my destination, and in the description, I said I transited through algeria.

Given you explanation above, this is wrong and I should have put Algeria as my destination. I think I totally messed this up... do you think it'll cause a problem? I still have an hour to go to UPS store and probably change the online calc paper.
your help is GREATLY appreciated!