Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hello gentlemen , some questions request the information for last 6 years or since you became a PR whatever is most recent .

I became PR on Aug 15 2015 , so do I have to send only the information since my PR or I have to go back 6 years .

Please help
Wait for the new forms. This line will definitely change on the new form. Then read it and let us know if there are questions.

Reactions: Sohmisaly

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Wait for the new forms. This line will definitely change on the new form. Then read it and let us know if there are questions.
Exactly ... no need to waste time filling out the old form and fill it out again when the new form is available

Reactions: spyfy

NNL

Nov 5, 2012
Don't worry too much about that. Just go to reputable and known photographers like costco, staples, walmart etc ..., and you'll be fine. Quality photographic paper here just means the glossy kind that photos are generally printed on and NOT regular printer paper.
Guys,

They posted a date and studio name only at the back of one of the photos for me. I know the guide says "photos", though the guy at London Drugs told that they usually leave the other one blank so that it can be scanned cleanly under the light.

Do you recommend getting another copy of the photo with both of them stamped?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
OK thank you. I also have the work permits covering the pre-PR period so shall I submit a copy of them anyway even if the new check list does not ask? just to be safe and make sure they have all the documents they may need to cover the pre-PR period without them asking for them later on during the application process?
I would advise against submitting anything they didn't ask for. In your particular case: You provide your UCI number and when they enter that number in the the system they will see your work permit anyways. It's like submitting a University Transcript to the University that gave you the transcript in the first place :)

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
regarding the two pieces of ID I understand one of them (not both) should have a photo so Iam submitting:
passport copy (has a photo)
PR copy (has a photo)
Driving license copy (has a photo)
Provincial health card (does not have a photo)

Is that OK?

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
In the address section of the application form you provide the addresses you actually LIVED at. If, say you lived at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, Washington, DC, but went on a short trip to Russia to meet friends, you only have to declare the Washington address.

Note that this only applies to the "Addresses in the past years" section of the form. For the physical presence calculation you must include every absence but that one doesn't ask for the address, just for the countries you've been to and the reason.
Okay thank you, I was getting different responses. I understand you need to add in calculator. I trust your opinion. Last question, how long I have to stay outside Canada to declare address. In one instance I stayed 143 days in my home country. But Was paying rent in Canada too, although was not living here. Please clarify this scenario. Thanks

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
regarding the two pieces of ID I understand one of them (not both) should have a photo so Iam submitting:
passport copy (has a photo)
PR copy (has a photo)
Driving license copy (has a photo)
Provincial health card (does not have a photo)

Is that OK?
yes

migrant-seeker

Star Member
May 21, 2012
I would advise against submitting anything they didn't ask for. In your particular case: You provide your UCI number and when they enter that number in the the system they will see your work permit anyways. It's like submitting a University Transcript to the University that gave you the transcript in the first place :)
Where I can find my UCI number? Iunderstand the form does not allow entering UCI number (for official use)?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Okay thank you, I was getting different responses. I understand you need to add in calculator. I trust your opinion. Last question, how long I have to stay outside Canada to declare address. In one instance I stayed 143 days in my home country. But Was paying rent in Canada too, although was not living here. Please clarify this scenario. Thanks
Ask yourself the honest question "Did I reside in that country?" If the answer is yes, list the address. I would say staying in a country for 143 is residing. But there is no clear threshold, both the time period and the intent matters. If you went to London, UK for a four-week internship, you were residing there. If you went to Seattle, WA for a four week trip and used it as your base for hiking and skiing, you were not residing there.

cempjwi

Mar 14, 2012
CANADA
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
31-Jul-12
Doc's Request.
09-Feb-13; Sent 13-Mar-13
AOR Received.
15-Oct-12; In-process 26-Mar-13
File Transfer...
15-Oct-12
Med's Request
02-Apr-13 Chest Xray Only
Med's Done....
14-May-12; 04-Apr-13 (Delivered 15-Apr-13)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
19-Apr-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2013 (Rcvd May 15th, 2013)
LANDED..........
1-July-2013
Where I can find my UCI number? Iunderstand the form does not allow entering UCI number (for official use)?
Your UCI # is on your PR card, below your name. It's 8 digits in the format # # # # - # # # #

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Sorry what I meant is that you provide a copy of your CoPR and of your PR Card and they will have the UCI on there. So they can look it up. You are correct that at least the old version of the form does not ask you for the UCI, only the official will fill that in.

Sohmisaly

Star Member
Oct 7, 2017
Ask yourself the honest question "Did I reside in that country?" If the answer is yes, list the address. I would say staying in a country for 143 is residing. But there is no clear threshold, both the time period and the intent matters. If you went to London, UK for a four-week internship, you were residing there. If you went to Seattle, WA for a four week trip and used it as your base for hiking and skiing, you were not residing there.
Thank you very mush for your answer. My honest answer is, I was residing with my parents and that is what I will declare. Thanks again

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Guys, anytime before becoming a protected person counts? I had a work permit while my refugee claim was being processed. Does it count as well?