+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Hey guys. I was in CEC thread and now I can apply as soon as Bill C-6 is implemented officially. I am collecting my documents required and just got a few questions if anyone can help me?

1. IELTS - Gave my test in March 2014 and I have the original test results (it is not sealed,as I sent the sealed one for my CEC app). I assume this test result is still valid and I need to include only a copy of the test result correct? And I need to take the original of the results to the interview?

2. Police Clearance - I have been living in Canada since Oct 2012, so in that case I dont need to get a PCC from India i.e. my home country unless they ask for it?

3. I'll get RCMP clearance for this correct since I have been a resident of canada from 2012?

Thanks so much :)
Yes, I believe you are right. Old IELTS score are valid and as you have not gone outside from Canada for more than six months (183 days) then you don't need PCC.

Reactions: Oboy

Shmak2017

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-08-2016
AOR Received.
2016/09/26
File Transfer...
SA 2016/09/30 & AOR2 on 2016/10/11
Med's Done....
12-08-2016
Interview........
BG IN PROGRESS 30-March-2017 DM :31-March 2017
Passport Req..
10 April 2017
I need to check my forms again as I will be eligible by 31 aug. If we follow Canadian calander than official fall start from 23 sept. Not sure what definition CIC will give to FALL.

Reactions: Oboy

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
Whenever you are applying you have to use latest forms which are available on CIC website, keep checking.
Fully and emphatically concur with this suggestion. Prospective applicants should check the IRCC website to be sure that the application form he or she is sending is the current version as of the day the application is signed AND the day it is being sent off.

I need to check my forms again as I will be eligible by 31 aug. If we follow Canadian calander than official fall start from 23 sept. Not sure what definition CIC will give to FALL.
We can at-least expect that they will be on time with the fall date. Hopefully!
There is no reason to put much if any emphasis on what IRCC means by "FALL." The reference to "fall" is, obviously, deliberately vague. There are no official "fall" dates within which the government will in fact put the 3/5 presence rule into effect.

Moreover, a "fall" implementation date is not binding, not mandatory, and this government has a tendency to be slow in its implementation of changes.

Thus, while it is possible that the implementation date, for the 3/5 rule, could be any day after Labour Day (which in practice is when most Canadians consider "fall" begins, despite the fact that the fall equinox occurs on September 22 this year, on the calendar), it is just as possible it will not take effect until some day in December . . . and given this government's tendencies to be slow, perhaps even somewhat later. A reasonable guess is that it will take effect between the end of October and the first of December, but that is nonetheless a guess.

Likewise, while there is no guarantee, it is likely that IRCC will give notice of the date a week or a month or so in advance. Until we see such formal notice, the possible implementation date remains vague and open, as in some day after Labour Day, and again it is reasonable to guess that it will take effect between the end of October and the first of December, but that is nonetheless just a guess.

ankwal

Aug 12, 2014
Vancouver
I have been in Canada since 2007 and will be eligible for citizenship in October as per the 3/5 rule. I'll have 2 years after PR and the remaining 1 year pre-PR. Does the pre-PR time has to be in the last 5 years from the date of appplication? Or just the 2 years after the PR?

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
I have been in Canada since 2007 and will be eligible for citizenship in October as per the 3/5 rule. I'll have 2 years after PR and the remaining 1 year pre-PR. Does the pre-PR time has to be in the last 5 years from the date of appplication? Or just the 2 years after the PR?
Once the new presence rule takes effect:

Only days in Canada within the five years prior to the date the application is made will count toward meeting the 3/5 rule. Days within the five relevant years (based on date application is made) after becoming a PR get full credit. Days within the five relevant years (based on date application is made) before becoming a PR get a half-day credit.

hs202

Nov 21, 2009
I have done a degree in Canada. The requirements say copy of certificate or diploma. Does the copy need to be notarized. I didnt find any requirements for notary

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013
I have done a degree in Canada. The requirements say copy of certificate or diploma. Does the copy need to be notarized. I didnt find any requirements for notary
No a regular photocopy is just fine. You will have to bring the original with you on the test day. They might ask to see it then If they had any doubt about its authenticity.

Actually, you will have to bring with you all the originals of every photocopy included in the application forms :)

Reactions: Oboy and hs202

RanRan

Star Member
Mar 9, 2017
Fully and emphatically concur with this suggestion. Prospective applicants should check the IRCC website to be sure that the application form he or she is sending is the current version as of the day the application is signed AND the day it is being sent off.

There is no reason to put much if any emphasis on what IRCC means by "FALL." The reference to "fall" is, obviously, deliberately vague. There are no official "fall" dates within which the government will in fact put the 3/5 presence rule into effect.

Moreover, a "fall" implementation date is not binding, not mandatory, and this government has a tendency to be slow in its implementation of changes.

Thus, while it is possible that the implementation date, for the 3/5 rule, could be any day after Labour Day (which in practice is when most Canadians consider "fall" begins, despite the fact that the fall equinox occurs on September 22 this year, on the calendar), it is just as possible it will not take effect until some day in December . . . and given this government's tendencies to be slow, perhaps even somewhat later. A reasonable guess is that it will take effect between the end of October and the first of December, but that is nonetheless a guess.

Likewise, while there is no guarantee, it is likely that IRCC will give notice of the date a week or a month or so in advance. Until we see such formal notice, the possible implementation date remains vague and open, as in some day after Labour Day, and again it is reasonable to guess that it will take effect between the end of October and the first of December, but that is nonetheless just a guess.
You are right. This government is very slow in summer and freeze in winter.

Marooned2

Star Member
May 18, 2017

Great reply, people are reading too much into words, some speculations are funny. They have the word "expected" in "Changes expected to take effect in fall 2017", which basically means it will get implemented when its ready. Projects deadlines can always slip, but when there is good progress, they can announce a sure date. My guess is also late October, but you never know.

kilamans

Feb 14, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga jan '16
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Credit card charged jan '16
AOR Received.
AOR - Feb '16
File Transfer...
Ottawa Aug '16
Med's Request
Oct '16 & for PCC
Med's Done....
Nov '16 & for PCC

Najimi

Star Member
Aug 16, 2017
Application form:
Please assist me in understanding the following two questions/portions of the application forms.
G. Addresses in the last 6 years immediately before the application or since you became PR, whichever is more recent?
H. Work and education history in the last 6 years or since you became permanent resident.
Beside above two issues in another place the application form requires us to submit passport information pages for six years.
It is confusing for me as I came to Canada in Feb-2013 and Got PR in Aug-2014. Do I need to mention my living addresses after I got PR or I need to mention addresses of the last six years? If I am required to mention 6 years information then that will include 2012 in which I was outside of Canada.
Thanks for your help in advance.