+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Applications after Bill C-6

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
It's past 5 years in the new checklist.
look, here is what appears in the link you provided. "Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents covering the SIX (6) years immediately before the date of your application..." Now I'm confused...

Tonimir

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
If you're NOT claiming any time out of Canada towards satisfying 3/5 requirement, then I believe answer to the question should be NO. IRCC really messed it up with their ambiguous wording.
I also believe the wording should have been done in a more clear way. I am going to answer this question as NO. Simply because I have nothing to fill in the "Residency Outside Canada" [ CIT 0177 ] form.

razerblade

VIP Member
Feb 21, 2014
look, here is what appears in the link you provided. "Photocopies of biographical pages of passports and/or travel documents covering the SIX (6) years immediately before the date of your application..." Now I'm confused...
Check the date at the bottom of the document .. if it's showing 2017/08 then your browser is downloading the old checklist. New checklist shows 2017/10. Try a different browser.

oceanidmiao

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
Check the date at the bottom of the document .. if it's showing 2017/08 then your browser is downloading the old checklist. New checklist shows 2017/10. Try a different browser.
Yes! You're right! I used Google Chrome, it downloaded the 2017/08 version, I tried Internet Explorer just now, and now it's 2017/10 version. Thank you so much!!

CICOtawa

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
I am still unclear on :
Question 11: name of contact?
Should we put in a specific person??
Which means we will have to call our old employer or educational institute and put in a persons info???

Question 10: should we include visits we made to home (~25 days) ?
I put my past managers name, this is really confusing.

ajbear

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Do you think they will ever have plans on submitting applications for Citizenship online?

P.S. This has been a great forum :)

canehh

Star Member
Oct 11, 2017
I cannot print or validate the application form despite having updated adobe reader,
Any help?
Yeah! Same for everyone! I was able to talk to a person in IRCC and told they will upload a new form and ask me to wait for the new form. So I guess we have to wait until next week :(

meayman

Sep 19, 2012
I have a question on the form:

Section: Assessing your eligibility:
9) c) During your eligibility period did you you live outside Canada? Yes/No

Is it correct to assume is the answer Yes here applies only if you are considering to count days from this period that you lived outside Canada?

Let's say your eligibility period starts from October 2012, but, you first came to Canada in January 2013. (as a temporary resident) Does the period from October 2012 to January 2013 makes this question answered as "Yes" ?

I think it will be helpful to give more light on this point.

Just FYI - We are all agreeing that 10) a) , where you list all your addresses requires you to specify all the address that you've been since October 2012. (which includes the period that I was talking about October 2012 - January 2013)
It is a big mess-up from whoever updated the calculator.
The correct eligibility period should be calculated a the last five years or since you first entered Canada, whichever is sooner.
Now we are stuck with this mistake now!