+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship Application

Danny.D

Jul 19, 2017
Hi guys,

I arrived in Canada on 2013 and Refugee board court accepted my claim on the same year. I received my PR on 2015. Now I want to apply for citizenship and cic online physical calculator asks followings.

Did you have Canadian temporary resident status (i.e. as a visitor, international student, temporary worker, temporary resident permit holder), and/or were a protected person) between 2014-02-22 and 2015-07-20?

Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between 2014-02-22 and 2015-07-20 and select Add Entry. Select Calculate when you have finished listing all periods of temporary residence.

I have entered some info but site says, A period you have entered is partially or completely outside the relevant five-year period. Please check that the dates are correct.

I am stuck please advise!

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
Hi guys,

I arrived in Canada on 2013 and Refugee board court accepted my claim on the same year. I received my PR on 2015. Now I want to apply for citizenship and cic online physical calculator asks followings.

Did you have Canadian temporary resident status (i.e. as a visitor, international student, temporary worker, temporary resident permit holder), and/or were a protected person) between 2014-02-22 and 2015-07-20?

Please only list the periods of time you had authorized temporary resident or protected person status in Canada and the type of status you had between 2014-02-22 and 2015-07-20 and select Add Entry. Select Calculate when you have finished listing all periods of temporary residence.

I have entered some info but site says, A period you have entered is partially or completely outside the relevant five-year period. Please check that the dates are correct.

I am stuck please advise!
First, it's really bad to create a post in a forum about citizenship that is literally titled "citizenship". Please use a more meaningful title next time (like "physical presence calculator, dates")

About your question: we'll do as it says and do not enter a date that is before 2014-02-22. Your status list should begin with an entry from 2014-02-22 until whenever your status changed. It seems that you entered a date in 2013 and that can't work. They don't care about your status in 2013. Start at the date they request (the five year cutoff)

Reactions: Danny.D