NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
26-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-09-2017
Hi all,

My husband and I got Canadian PR in June 2018. We had only 3 months until our COPR was expired. I was pregnant, and we both had permanent jobs in Turkey so we did soft landing hurriedly. We stayed in Canada for 10 days and returned to work in our country. We landed in Canada twice before moving for good. We stayed in Turkey 2,5 months + 9 months during that time.

We'll be eligible for applying Canadian citizenship next month, so we started filling the application form. Looking at our address history, it's Canada and Turkey back and forth. Additionally, we did not resign from our jobs while traveling to Canada before moving permanently. So our address history and employment history does not completely align.

Do you think this timeline would cause any problems about our citizenship application?
Would it be wise to write an LOE about our timeline?
Is there anyone who was in similar situation with us and got the citizenship?

Many thanks in advance.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
This does not warrant a thread on its own.
Please search the forum because many people have done this in past and if you still have a question post it in citizenship application thread

Reactions: cicek and snoopyta

wink

May 25, 2021
So our address history and employment history does not completely align.
I don't see any problem with that.

It is not clear how long you stayed in Canada in the subsequent visits. Even if it shorter, it is okay to mention where you stayed. There were some discussions in the forum whether to list Airbnb/hotel addresses. My suggestion would be to still list them as it gives a complete picture with respect to timelines.

Seen many cases where they work for US company (remotely) being in Canada. In those cases employment address and living address would be different. You can mention in the description that you were working remotely. It should be fine.

Reactions: cicek

cicek

May 2, 2017
Turkey
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
10-08-2017
AOR Received.
26-09-2017
Med's Done....
21-09-2017
This does not warrant a thread on its own.
Please search the forum because many people have done this in past and if you still have a question post it in citizenship application thread
Hello, thanks very much for the reply. I actually searched the forum. Seen many people who did soft landing before permanent settlement but could not find people who landed in Canada number of time and also stayed outside of Canada as long as 9 months in single exit. Therefore, I'd like to hear your opinions.

I'm thinking we should make some explanations about our absences from Canada when we fill Physical Presence Calculator. Or would it be wiser to write a separate LOE?

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
As long as you meet the physical presence requirements, you are good. you cannot fill any justification in calculation.

a LOE is always a good idea irrespective of any additional things or not. Make the processing officer life easy so he can make decision easier and faster

This question should still have been posted to the pinned thread at top