+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CitizenShip Application Returned Due Incomplete Documents

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi All,

I have applied for Citizenship after completing 1095 days. My Son has only one passport which got expired in 2012 and I totally forgot about to renew it and applied with same passport but Immigration and Citizenship is asking for passport that covers the time period of stay in Canada. Now what to do ? I dont have any other passport for him. Any help would be appreciated.

catchvb

Oct 29, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sid377 said:
Hi All,

I have applied for Citizenship after completing 1095 days. My Son has only one passport which got expired in 2012 and I totally forgot about to renew it and applied with same passport but Immigration and Citizenship is asking for passport that covers the time period of stay in Canada. Now what to do ? I dont have any other passport for him. Any help would be appreciated.
Do as they said "Citizenship is asking for passport that covers the time period of stay in Canada". Apply for emergency passport.
While applying did you write a letter explaining that passport is expired and we never renewed it as we have not been out of country? If yes then you have no choice that not applying new passport.
If No.. then you have been careless. Now either apply with the explanation and take your chance or with new passport and go full proof.
I will go with new passport.
All the best.

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I admit it was my mistake I never send an explanation letter along with other documents. Applying for New passport is very long process and time consuming may take month or so. I will try to reapply with explanation letter and hopefully they will accept it.
:'(

skghani

May 27, 2010
Hi, I would like to know what happened in this case. Did they return the application again when you didn't renew your passport and applied for citizenship once again?

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sid377 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Yes I admit it was my mistake I never send an explanation letter along with other documents. Applying for New passport is very long process and time consuming may take month or so. I will try to reapply with explanation letter and hopefully they will accept it.
:'(
Applying for a new passport will not solve the problem because it will not cover the time frame from 2012 till today. Your best and only option , I think, is to include a cover letter and explain that you never did renew it because you never needed to travel. Remember in the guide they always advise to do so if any document is missing.

sid377

Jun 28, 2011
Thank you Goldline for your advise. Yes New Passport doesn't cover the period. I will be writing an explanation letter stating that same that never renewed the passport as there was no need for travel. I should have done it at first place but I have learned from my mistakes now. Will resubmit the whole application as they have returned back application for every one. So i am starting fresh again. with new additional fee as fee has revised effective 1jan15.