+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application processing time.. winnipeg office

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
reynettevos said:
Wonderfull, thanx for sharing with us.
Nice to hear that so many Manitobans are finaly getting their long awaited citizenship. I take this as an indication of things realy speeding up in Winnipeg. Realy happy for you and good luck for the future.
I wouldn't necessarily conclude that. Regardless, Manitobans still have a very long wait compared to other regions. Its really unacceptable.

quinnman

Star Member
May 14, 2013
I wonder if they are finally playing catchup, 6 Ceremonies in Winnipeg between January 15th - 29th, with 80 people per Ceremony thats 480 people in 2 weeks!!

I really hope this is a good sign for people awaiting the test and ceremony

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
gonaaaa said:
Wondering if anyone who wrote the test early December or late Nov has gotten the letter for oath yet?
They quoted a 2 to 4 month waiting period to be called for the oath at an early December test. If you haven't gotten anything by early March, call.

Lei_F

Oct 3, 2013
gonaaaa said:
Wondering if anyone who wrote the test early December or late Nov has gotten the letter for oath yet?
My friend had test last December and she got oath invitation letter two weeks after.

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
Wow seriously that's fast! Was your friends application a routine one or non routine? I haven't received anything yet and I have another friend who wrote it and neither has she. I applies in Oct 2011so its been about 26 months total now.

Lei_F

Oct 3, 2013
gonaaaa said:
Wow seriously that's fast! Was your friends application a routine one or non routine? I haven't received anything yet and I have another friend who wrote it and neither has she. I applies in Oct 2011so its been about 26 months total now.
She applied in Nov 2011 and her application was a routine one. She told me she almost forgot she had applied the citizenship when she got the test letter....

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
gonaaaa said:
Did they give you a sheet of paper telling you that the ceremony would be in 2 to 4 months?

MITQS

Feb 13, 2014
quinnman said:
Thanks, it was a great ceremony and felt really good to sing O Canada as a Canadian.

80 People from 23 different Nations received their Citizenship at the Ceremony today. Everyone was invited in at 1:15 and documents were verified for all people receiving their Citizenship. It took around 45mins to check everyones documents and then the formal Ceremony Proceeded.

It took around an hour to complete and concluded around 3PM
Congratulations we are so proud of you cant wait for the day that we can immigrate to Canada and be with you guys. ;)

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
winnigone said:
I did the test the first week of December and still waiting for the ceremony's letter
How did your interview with the officer go? There are ceremonies scheduled for March 4th, March 5th and March 11th.

gonaaaa

Apr 17, 2013
Now I know 4 people who took the test in early December and are still waiting for oath letters. I also know of someone who wrote the test late November and got the oath letter about a week ago. So I think its only a week or two at the most left for people who wrote the test early December.

winnigone said:
I did the test the first week of December and still waiting for the ceremony's letter