+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application Online or Paper? physical ceremony or online?

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
Hi All,

For a 65+ years old, what is the best thing to do for faster citizenship approval:

A- Apply online or by mailing application?
B- How to apply online? Make a CIC account and then upload application there? I thought one needs a UCI number attached before being able to upload any documents. The guide doesn't say how to apply online either. If it does, please link.
C- Which province gets applications done faster?
D- Which areas do online ceremonies and which areas do physical ceremonies?
E- With an online ceremony, is the citizenship card mailed?

Thanks,

akbardxb

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2013
Mississauga
LANDED..........
28-03-2014
Hi All,

For a 65+ years old, what is the best thing to do for faster citizenship approval:

A- Apply online or by mailing application?
B- How to apply online? Make a CIC account and then upload application there? I thought one needs a UCI number attached before being able to upload any documents. The guide doesn't say how to apply online either. If it does, please link.
C- Which province gets applications done faster?
D- Which areas do online ceremonies and which areas do physical ceremonies?
E- With an online ceremony, is the citizenship card mailed?

Thanks,
1. It’s a moot point - which applications are moving faster.
2. You will need to register to apply. The guide is pretty clean, imho.
3. Online tests and oaths became the norm during covid - some reports of in person oaths & interviews but no 100% change yet.
4. No pattern - some offices are said to be slower, but no concrete evidence.
5. There is no citizenship card, it’s a certificate which is mailed out a few days after the online oath.

torontob

Aug 10, 2009
1. It’s a moot point - which applications are moving faster.
2. You will need to register to apply. The guide is pretty clean, imho.
3. Online tests and oaths became the norm during covid - some reports of in person oaths & interviews but no 100% change yet.
4. No pattern - some offices are said to be slower, but no concrete evidence.
5. There is no citizenship card, it’s a certificate which is mailed out a few days after the online oath.
Thanks.

#1- I have seen some wrote on the forum that did paper application and were still waiting while others with online had progress...

yyzstudent

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2015
Hi All,

Hey Torontob,

What did you end up doing? Paper or online? I'm 55+ som am interested in following how your application is moving along. I'm applying in Feb/March.