+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Citizenship application form query

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello Members:

I am filling the application form and in Q13 it asks for the status that I have held/holding for any other countries other than Canada.
Do we have to mention duration of visa or how long I stayed in that country.
I had Australian PR earlier. I got a five year PR from July 2009 to July 2014, but I left Australia in August 2009 itself for good. So should I mention July 2009 to July 2014 or July 2009 to August 2009?

Your help is highly appreciated.

Best Regards

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Hello Members:

I am filling the application form and in Q13 it asks for the status that I have held/holding for any other countries other than Canada.
I had Australian PR earlier. I got a five year PR from July 2009 to July 2014, but I left Australia in August 2009 itself for good. So should I mention July 2009 to July 2014 or July 2009 to August 2009?

Best Regards
When you left in 2009 I would assume your PR status remained valid until 2014. So, I would put the expiration date of your PR, and not when you left.

omsaiom

Aug 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When you left in 2009 I would assume your PR status remained valid until 2014. So, I would put the expiration date of your PR, and not when you left.
Thank you CaBeaver, I think it that ways as well, but question says "in" the country and not "for" that country so am confused..

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Thank you CaBeaver, I think it that ways as well, but question says "in" the country and not "for" that country so am confused..
In the table it says "If the status is no longer valid indicate the end date". It's nor super clear, but the end date to me is the expiration date. I would go with this. Your PR was valid until July 2014.

francaispourquebec

Star Member
Jun 4, 2013
Hello all, a question for those applying online: are you planning to provide this as per the application guide: "colour photocopy of all pages (valid or expired) of your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your (5) year eligibility period,"....There is no specific question online that asks for all pages but I do see a provision to add more supporting documents if necessary. Wanted to know what you guys are planning. Thank you.

abbas.pasha

VIP Member
Sep 17, 2016
Hello all, a question for those applying online: are you planning to provide this as per the application guide: "colour photocopy of all pages (valid or expired) of your passport(s) or travel document(s) during your (5) year eligibility period,"....There is no specific question online that asks for all pages but I do see a provision to add more supporting documents if necessary. Wanted to know what you guys are planning. Thank you.
I provided all the colour photocopy of all passport pages including the ones which had biographical pages, visas, entry/exit stamps and even the pages that were blank
Also provided translated and certified copy of the visa, entry/exit stamps that were not in English or French

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Hello Members:

Best Regards
For Q13, you will mention the ACTUAL expiry and start dates listed on your visa IMO. You can add a letter of explanation if you want to explain the nuances of what happened when you were on that status but in the application you have to enter the exact start and end dates shown on the visa.