waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
In need of serious advice..

My husband needs to apply for citizenship. He has been in Canada 5 years. He has filed tax returns for the past 4 years (plans to file his 2016 as well) with no income. No work history. He will have some income on the 2016 one. We also have been living at separate addresses for the past few years. My question is..are those 2 situations going to mess him up to obtain citizenship? He has only been absent 7 days on 5 years. Can they deny citizenship based on no employment?

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
There was no need to delete it but the reply was extremely racist. I can handle my own. If anyone can offer any serious or real advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks

Mrslwsn

Oct 7, 2010
Toronto/Mobay
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2011
AOR Received.
neva yet
File Transfer...
25-01-2012
Med's Done....
26-10-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
14-03-12
VISA ISSUED...
31-03-12
LANDED..........
29-04-2012
dkera said:
deleting messages is a bit lame 8) 8)
I didn't delete his or my reply. I just see it gone now.
;D

dkera

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mrslwsn said:
There was no need to delete it but the reply was extremely racist. I can handle my own. If anyone can offer any serious or real advice it would be much appreciated. Thanks
I hope you aren't talking about my reply.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
Mrslwsn said:

My husband needs to apply for citizenship. He has been in Canada 5 years. He has filed tax returns for the past 4 years (plans to file his 2016 as well) with no income. No work history. He will have some income on the 2016 one. We also have been living at separate addresses for the past few years. My question is..are those 2 situations going to mess him up to obtain citizenship? He has only been absent 7 days on 5 years. Can they deny citizenship based on no employment?
He shouldn't have any problem. Nothing to worry about. I guess being in Canada for 5 years without a job is a red flag. unless if he was studying!
But, he won't know until he applies for it.

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Mrslwsn said:

There could be delay in getting citizenship because of no work history. How many times he has traveled outside Canada?
Ultimately, if he can prove that he was there in Canada and meets the requirements of citizenship, he will get the citizenship it however worst case scenario expect request for additional documentation like RQ (Residence Questionnaire) etc.

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
Hi

I have completed my education outside of Canada but my transcript is in English. Do I still need to provide medium of instruction letter from my university back home or just need to submit transcript?

Thanks

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
^what country?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
javedcad said:
Hi

I have completed my education outside of Canada but my transcript is in English. Do I still need to provide medium of instruction letter from my university back home or just need to submit transcript?

Thanks
It's better to get the medium of instruction letter that will make more chances of the language proof to be accepted. At the end, only the cic officer assessing the file will be able to determine whether the language proof is acceptable or not. There must be internal CIC criteria to determine if the language proof is acceptable or not.

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Well yes but if he graduated in the USA or UK obviously he doesn't need it.

javedcad

Jun 30, 2016
thecoolguysam said:
It's better to get the medium of instruction letter that will make more chances of the language proof to be accepted. At the end, only the cic officer assessing the file will be able to determine whether the language proof is acceptable or not. There must be internal CIC criteria to determine if the language proof is acceptable or not.
Thanks thecoolguysam . Is there any specific format for medium of instruction letter from CIC?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
javedcad said:
Thanks thecoolguysam . Is there any specific format for medium of instruction letter from CIC?
When i got the letter from my institute/university, they prepared it in their own format stating that the medium of instruction was english and other details like my name, course, duration year etc etc.