+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 - Everyone that sent out docs in December 2015

Richie888

Jun 17, 2014
My wife got cit 0520 and sent out her docs December 22nd. she got 20/20 on the test and interview went well.She was not expecting at all the form. so far no answer. So now it is extremely annoying to be kept in the dark like that. When she called cic they tell her to expect a 36 months time frame!!!! i can t believe it!!

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
Anthony_nyc said:
I don't understand how they are trying to figure out all of our marriage cases. We fall in love with someone, we all got married to the person. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. Case closed. It really sounds like an excuse for them to deliberately delay the Citizenship process. What do they want from us, pictures of us making love to our previous relationships? Video tapes of all of us saying "I love you my dear sweet partner in life"? Sorry, had to make a bad joke from this nonsense. Who are they to deem whether or not our past relationships were genuine or not? Again, none of this makes any sense. I feel bad for the woman, especially since she's still married.
Except that you landed on a visa granted through a spousal sponsorship application when you were already separated from your sponsor, and went to land and live with friends in another province from the get-go. And then got welfare for years, which your ex-wife will have to pay for. It's not difficult to see why the Citizenship officers reviewing your application as well as the one who interviewed you are suspicious and were interested to check (particularly the one who interviewed you) if this is a case of fraud.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Richie888 said:
My wife got cit 0520 and sent out her docs December 22nd. she got 20/20 on the test and interview went well.She was not expecting at all the form. so far no answer. So now it is extremely annoying to be kept in the dark like that. When she called cic they tell her to expect a 36 months time frame!!!! i can t believe it!!
After reading many users RQ experiences, forced to conclude the CIC sent RQ either if the candidate did not meet the required physical days presence in Canada or has lot of overseas trip especially cross-border to USA.

However quickly one responds to the RQ yet the CIC treat it as "Non-Routine" allow themselves 36 months plus for processing. Unfortunately, such cases are dragged for long and in the end reject most cases except few.

Consider getting the ATIP report and figure out if your wife has less than required physical days. If so, its NOT worth waiting for nearly FOUR wait knowing most of such cases are rejected.

If she meet the eligibility criteria under new rules, take a bitter pill withdraw her old application and re-apply under new rules. As applications under the new rules taking about 8 months.

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
Hi Anthony...
MY wife has the same situation for no reason,,,
the interview was awful ... from the beginning the officer didn't want to listen ,,, she gave him the most important proof which is the stamp translation cost us around 250 $ and he didn't even bother to look at it ,,, he just through it inside the file ...
kept on asking her why you returned back home after landing ( and she told him I was finishing my stuff to come and live for good )
why you visited usa ( she told him the truth its just for few days to see some relatives there )
and at the end he said we have concerns about residency and work and sent her cit0520 ...
till here its fine ...he had doubts ( even if he looked or bothered to look he will find out )
but the thing is after she submitted the required documents which was ( entry/exit report from back home,,,,, medical claims (which alone shows she on doctor visits on monthly basis ,,,,, CRA Reports )
since two months now ..... why is the delay ????
it will take them less than 15 min to relief all their concerns if they just look
why the application turn now to be non routine and you don't have the right to ask before 36 months
I have no idea ....

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
kantanamera said:
Hi Anthony...
the interview was awful ... from the beginning the officer didn't want to listen ,,, she gave him the most important proof which is the stamp translation cost us around 250 $ and he didn't even bother to look at it ,,, he just through it inside the file ...
kept on asking her why you returned back home after landing ( and she told him I was finishing my stuff to come and live for good )
why you visited usa ( she told him the truth its just for few days to see some relatives there )
and at the end he said we have concerns about residency and work and sent her cit0520 ...
till here its fine ...he had doubts ( even if he looked or bothered to look he will find out )
but the thing is after she submitted the required documents which was ( entry/exit report from back home,,,,, medical claims (which alone shows she on doctor visits on monthly basis ,,,,, CRA Reports )
it will take them less than 15 min to relief all their concerns if they just look
why the application turn now to be non routine and you don't have the right to ask before 36 months
I have no idea ....
same situation here, just find out from the ATIP report that my file was transferred to st clair cic office from Mississauga reason: workload redistribution. welcome to the club where CIC don't give sh** about the candidates ....

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
kantanamera said:
Hi Anthony...
I have no idea ....
Its most frustrating and helplessness faced by applicants. Have you considered approaching your area MP ?

At least they can get response from CIC within 3 weeks. Strangely, MP sounding more sympathetic to the CIC lethargic work styles than candidates problems.

kantanamera

Feb 2, 2016
My Wife Requested ATIP (Electronic one )... hopefully she will get it in a few days then we will definitely approach the MP ...
I DONT KNOW HOW'S THAT WORK ????????
But that's the only option we have now instead of waiting in a dark hole waiting for nothing,,,,
I guess her mistake ( or our mistake ) that we didn't renew the PR .. But we thought there was no need as her case was straight forward and we didn't think that this could happen...
Now in case of emergency or in case we need to visit our family in USA or even go for a vacation ... we cant do anything just wait and feel depressed,,,
we didn't go for a vacation in 4 years time ,,,,and now we have to wait indefinitely just to at least take a week end off...
so frustraaaaaaated ...... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: