+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They had asked me for just colored photocopies of all the pages during my interview after test. I sent them all the pages including the blanks without stamps. I had 3 passports as I travelled a lot and hence to avoid confusion I sent them all the pages. I advise you do the same. I wasn't specifically asked for translated pages.
Edmoney said:
Yes, they did

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
in my case they asked me for the T4, my record of movement from US, lease agreement, and a copy of my US permanent residency, not sure if someone know how long that process will take? are we on no routine process after issuing cit 0520? i didn't get any RQ or cit 0520 during the processing of my file up to the test.

thanks,

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jaroddz I too did not receive any CIT0520 till test. During test I was just asked to provide colored passport copies of one particular passport by CO because it had too many stamps. After sending that they asked me to send the passport copy of the other passport saying I did not send it and additional NOA for 3 years, ROE and pay stubs. I guess we are non routine now
Jaroddz said:
in my case they asked me for the T4, my record of movement from US, lease agreement, and a copy of my US permanent residency, not sure if someone know how long that process will take? are we on no routine process after issuing cit 0520? i didn't get any RQ or cit 0520 during the processing of my file up to the test.

thanks,

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Jaroddz I too did not receive any CIT0520 till test. During test I was just asked to provide colored passport copies of one particular passport by CO because it had too many stamps. After sending that they asked me to send the passport copy of the other passport saying I did not send it and additional NOA for 3 years, ROE and pay stubs. I guess we are non routine now
well that was my guess too, not sure when should i involve the local MP? everything was in order until this CO start asking about US residency (the entire interview was about US) and why my family and i have a green card... i hope it will be over soon,let's wait and see

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oh I had written a letter to my local MP on enquiring today I came to know he has a new email and contact number and hence I sent him another email today on the new id. I got a prompt response saying he will contact CIC and have an answer for me in 48 hours.
Jaroddz said:
well that was my guess too, not sure when should i involve the local MP? everything was in order until this CO start asking about US residency (the entire interview was about US) and why my family and i have a green card... i hope it will be over soon,let's wait and see

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Oh I had written a letter to my local MP on enquiring today I came to know he has a new email and contact number and hence I sent him another email today on the new id. I got a prompt response saying he will contact CIC and have an answer for me in 48 hours.
what's your timeline andrew7007?

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
Family application : Recd March 27 Knowledge passed with wife: Aug 31
Thanks, base on threads i read the average waiting time after issuing the CIT 0520 is between 2 - 4 months but nothing official yet.

sudanese one

Star Member
Oct 11, 2011
Got a request to provide colored copies of passport , tax assessment and rental agreement on January 6 and replied by January 9 now I am with you guys in the big waiting game

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Jaroddz said:

thanks,

Probably, you can register on CRA website, download previous years Tax Assessment, get your local lease agreement and copy of US Green Card. If I'm not mistaken, the record of movement from FOIA (US Homeland Security) does take approximately 6 weeks.

You may consider sending by courier whatever copies you can to CIC and inform them, the Travel Movement from USA would take sometime. As you have already requested from concerned agency in the USA.

In the interim, request the travel history from CBSA (Canadian Border Security Agency). You never know, CIC might ask that too later.

That way, CIC know you have NOT abandoned the process, just awaiting the Travel Movement Document from USA.

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I submitted my colored copies of passports, Notice of Assessment for 3 years which I printed off online CRA website, My ROE record of employment or paystubs for past 3 years and they received it on Nov 17. So its a long wait and don't get impatient. Just giving you a heads up. I am frustrated as I am jobless and lost an overseas opportunity waiting for my citizenship.
sudanese one said:
Got a request to provide colored copies of passport , tax assessment and rental agreement on January 6 and replied by January 9 now I am with you guys in the big waiting game

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Canadiandesi2006 said:
Probably, you can register on CRA website, download previous years Tax Assessment, get your local lease agreement and copy of US Green Card. If I'm not mistaken, the record of movement from FOIA (US Homeland Security) does take approximately 6 weeks.

You may consider sending by courier whatever copies you can to CIC and inform them, the Travel Movement from USA would take sometime. As you have already requested from concerned agency in the USA.

In the interim, request the travel history from CBSA (Canadian Border Security Agency). You never know, CIC might ask that too later.

That way, CIC know you have NOT abandoned the process, just awaiting the Travel Movement Document from USA.
Thanks Canadiandesi2006, here what i've done:
1- Register on CRA website, download previous years Tax Assessment. (Done)
2- Get your local lease agreement and copy of US Green Card. (Done)
3- If I'm not mistaken, the record of movement from FOIA (US Homeland Security) does take approximately 6 weeks. (you're not mistaken, and i got my FOIA 2weeks after requesting it). (Done)
4- You may consider sending by courier whatever copies you can to CIC and inform them, the Travel Movement from USA would take sometime. As you have already requested from concerned agency in the USA. (sent them the first mail without the FOIA report and put alternative documents instead, and sent a second mail just with FOIA). (Done)
5- In the interim, request the travel history from CBSA. (Done) (i also requested the health card history)

in addition as alternative documents i submitted my credit history around 2 entries (the CO had 2 entries that she see them in CBSA list but don't know when i entries US), a letter from my employer, paysubs.

the first mail i sent was received December 14, 2015, and the second one with FOIA was received December 21, 2015.

now just waiting and wondering about the timeline.

Canadiandesi2006

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2014
Visa Office......
Scarborough, Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Oct 2015 (Re-applied)
Jaroddz said:
Thanks Canadiandesi2006, here what i've done:
1- Register on CRA website, download previous years Tax Assessment. (Done)
2- Get your local lease agreement and copy of US Green Card. (Done)
3- If I'm not mistaken, the record of movement from FOIA (US Homeland Security) does take approximately 6 weeks. (you're not mistaken, and i got my FOIA 2weeks after requesting it). (Done)
4- You may consider sending by courier whatever copies you can to CIC and inform them, the Travel Movement from USA would take sometime. As you have already requested from concerned agency in the USA. (sent them the first mail without the FOIA report and put alternative documents instead, and sent a second mail just with FOIA). (Done)
5- In the interim, request the travel history from CBSA. (Done) (i also and requested the health card history)

in addition as alternative documents i submitted my credit history around 2 entries (the CO had 2 entries that she see them in CBSA list but don't know when i entries US), a letter from my employer, paysubs.

the first mail i sent was received December 14, 2015, and the second one with FOIA was received December 21, 2015.

now just waiting and wondering about the timeline.
I hear you, share your frustration. CIC has weird processing time frame which give lot of heartache to many candidates.