+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

anish_s

Jan 20, 2010
Thank you Dpenabill & ItkExpert for responding to my post. I truly appreciate it.

It's probably too late for me to arrange an immigration lawyer at this point so, I have decided to go alone.

Also, the notice mentions that I need to come alone and without any family member (maybe I am mistaken and will need to double check)
Besides, my wife due to her health, is unable to accompany me anyway.

I will definitely go there with all the documentation that I can arrange.

However, my plan is to hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
Assuming, the application is rejected, what options are available to me? I probably will not counter the decision however, will it in anyway affect my future application? Besides from the fact that I had applied unsuccessfully earlier. As far as I know I have not misrepresented any facts.

How soon can I apply again? As even with the new stipulation of physical presence requirement of 1463 days, I comfortably comply with them.

Also, is there a difference in the citizenship that will be granted to me based on my application in 2012 to the new process which was effective from July of this year.
I probably have some reading up to do, please suggest any links if you have any handy.

Thanks again

Cheers!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this point I will be okay if I was referred to a CJ too. Way better than dealing with these horrible cit. officers at St. Clair.

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
anish_s : i think you can apply again for citizenship. They may look more closely at your case but it should not be a problem.

Good luck with your interview and please sure your experience with us.

Thanks!

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Got the oath letter; the ceremony is on Oct 30. The ECAS still shows Decision Made.

EdmontonM

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ahmadmani said:
Congrats EdmontonM :)
Thanks. The issuance of CIT 0520 delayed the process by a couple of months and I missed this election, ...but that's OK.

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That is fine even if you missed the election, we all worked together and kicked Harper's ass out :) Be tuned, you will be having a nice day on your oath which you never forget.

mreddy

May 2, 2013
I got cit 0520 after citizenship test. I sent the docs in the last week of September. The status changed to Decision Made on October 20th. Now I am still waiting for oath letter. How long do you guys think it can take? I am from Mississauga office.

e.chad

Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mreddy said:
I got cit 0520 after citizenship test. I sent the docs in the last week of September. The status changed to Decision Made on October 20th. Now I am still waiting for oath letter. How long do you guys think it can take? I am from Mississauga office.
I am in same boat and my office is Mississauga as well :( Some got Oath after a month of DM and some are waiting since June.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
Hello,

i'm in the same boat, wrote the test and passed it 20/20 and i got the cit 0520 right after the test ( i guess because i have a permanent residency in US, but still living in canada), the test took place Dec 1, 2015 i sent the requested documents Dec 14, 2015, waiting now, not sure how long that will take. :(

Thanks,

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was issured CIT 0520 twice and my last docs reached Edmonton CIC on 17th November 2015. Passed my test on Aug 31. Wife got DM and I am in limbo. This seems to be good thread to be in. Was asked for paystubs, ROE, passport copy and Notice of Assessment for 3 years. Fingers crossed and waiting for a DM and eventual oath. bambino your posts were very informative. Thanks for all your efforts. Sent an email to my local MP.

Jaroddz

Mar 29, 2012
Toronto
andrew7007 said:
I was issured CIT 0520 twice and my last docs reached Edmonton CIC on 17th November 2015. Passed my test on Aug 31. Wife got DM and I am in limbo. This seems to be good thread to be in. Was asked for paystubs, ROE, passport copy and Notice of Assessment for 3 years. Fingers crossed and waiting for a DM and eventual oath. bambino your posts were very informative. Thanks for all your efforts. Sent an email to my local MP.
Good luck, keep us posted.

Edmoney

Jan 26, 2016
Hello all..
Very good info in this thread, I also got CIT0520 after my test, I have some stamps in my old passport which were not in English, but in CIT0520 - noted "Official Translation of Passport". I have Arabic & Chinese stamps - so it is ok to get translated copy from two different translators. Also do I need to attach all other pages in the passport certified/notorised as well..
Much appreciated if someone have done advise on this..Thanks in advance

andrew7007

Jun 2, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Edmoney, I guess you are from Edmonton and I too am. Did they specifically ask you "Official Translation of Passport" in your CIT0520?
Edmoney said:
Hello all..
Very good info in this thread, I also got CIT0520 after my test, I have some stamps in my old passport which were not in English, but in CIT0520 - noted "Official Translation of Passport". I have Arabic & Chinese stamps - so it is ok to get translated copy from two different translators. Also do I need to attach all other pages in the passport certified/notorised as well..
Much appreciated if someone have done advise on this..Thanks in advance