+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

ilkar

May 9, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SCsquare said:
Got an update. Checked CIC online status and found "Decision Made". Called cic they said no oath date finalized yet.

my timeline as follows

Application Sent : March, 2014
Citizenship test: September, 2014
CIT 0520: Sep, 2014.
Decision Made on ECAS: July, 2015

No Oath date finalized yet.
Congratulations!!

TomTony

Star Member
Apr 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was unemployed for a long time, so I'm expecting RQ. Where can I find the latest version of CIT 0520? I just want to prepare documents in case I get one.. :eek:

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
TomTony said:
I was unemployed for a long time, so I'm expecting RQ. Where can I find the latest version of CIT 0520? I just want to prepare documents in case I get one.. :eek:
Here is the link for the website which has CIT0171 and CIT0520 forms. I am not sure whether these are latest or not however, you can still refer to these:

https://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/

Hopefully you won't get the RQ.

border9999

Star Member
Sep 24, 2007
You should create an account when you make a request to FOIA CBP otherwise you will not get response from them. I already received my response. You provide an email and they will email you :

A search of CBP databases produced records responsive to your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request CBP-2015-000000

CBP has determined that the responsive records are partially releasable, pursuant to Title 5 U.S.C. § 552 and have applied the appropriate exemptions.

You have a right to appeal our withholding determination. Should you wish to do so, you must send your appeal and a copy of this letter, within 60 days of the date of this letter, to: FOIAAppeals, Policy and Litigation Branch, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, 90 K Street, NE, 10th Floor, Washington, DC 20229-1177, following the procedures outlined in the DHS regulations at Title 6 C.F.R. § 5.9. Your envelope and letter should be marked "FOIA Appeal." Copies of the FOIA and DHS regulations are available at www.dhs.gov/foia.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
ahmadmani said:
Just wondering if anyone has recently received CIT520 from CIC?
I got one on July 28 in Surrey following my perfect test score. I only have 30 days to get records from the usa for my crossings as the officer didn't like my day trips not being included, despite my being under the old rules. I'm currently freaking out because the FOIA is going to take longer than the 30 days, and it's scares me that a very straightforward application is becoming an RQ track because I'm an american who's passport is never stamped entering the usa.

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eeeeeeeelectric said:
I got one on July 28 in Surrey following my perfect test score. I only have 30 days to get records from the usa for my crossings as the officer didn't like my day trips not being included, despite my being under the old rules. I'm currently freaking out because the FOIA is going to take longer than the 30 days, and it's scares me that a very straightforward application is becoming an RQ track because I'm an american who's passport is never stamped entering the usa.
Don't waste your time for FOIA as ut may take more than a month. Mine after 2 month got cancelled because of no reasonable reason. For my travel records to States I sent a copy of my boarding pass a long with my bank statement showing my presence in Canada. I sent everything in April and no update yet!!!

Rayan14

Aug 14, 2014
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How long does it take for CIC St. Clair's office to process and review CIT0520 forms/letters?

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The processing time varies from case to case. Based on what I've seen in this forum it can be 1-8 months :(

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
ahmadmani said:
Don't waste your time for FOIA as ut may take more than a month. Mine after 2 month got cancelled because of no reasonable reason. For my travel records to States I sent a copy of my boarding pass a long with my bank statement showing my presence in Canada. I sent everything in April and no update yet!!!
this won't help me as I frequently use my Nexus card to cross the border for day trips, nothing a boarding pass is even involved with, though it would be nice were it that simple. I go sometimes multiple times a week, to get mail and even for a time for a little casual work I did. I even have a couple of bills left there. But I didn't put down day trips, only the 2 overnights. Is that what you're talking about?

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your case is slightly different as I needed Visa to travel states. There are some people in this forum with situations similar to yours. maybe you can ask them.

eeeeeeeelectric

Mar 20, 2011
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2011
AOR Received.
05-07-2011
Med's Done....
15-03-2011
Interview........
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
1-16-2012
VISA ISSUED...
1-19-2012
LANDED..........
1-21-2012
ahmadmani said:
Your case is slightly different as I needed Visa to travel states. There are some people in this forum with situations similar to yours. maybe you can ask them.
definitely extending the discussion for that. Will start a new thread if need be. Thank you!

ahmadmani

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Does anyone know what "Ad docs Review Self" means? This is my application status in my most recent ATIP request. Thanks for your help!

iamnemo

Aug 15, 2015
Re: CIT 0520 after citizenship test - Useful forms

Maybe well-known info to most of you but still... just in case... :)

You can have instant access to your entries/exits to/from the USA from this page:
i94. cbp. dhs. gov / I94 / consent. h t m l (remove all blanks)

If some are missing (as it is usually the case) you can request an FOIA:
w w w. cbp. gov / site-policy-notices / foia (remove all blanks)

To confirm international entries to Canada on incoming flights (only)
you can request details from CBSA using form BSF-153 (remove all blanks):
w w w. cbsa-asfc. gc. ca / publications / forms-formulaires / bsf153-eng. h t m l

Note: double check your birth date info before sending as I had problems with some bug in the PDF form.

Hope this helps someone... ;)
P.S. I cannot post links yet :(