+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIT 0520 after citizenship test

jckdry

Apr 28, 2009
I called cic and asked if they have received my documents for response to cit520
They said the local office has received it but they have not opened it yet.
It frustrating as it depends on how many people in queue of cit520 or rq before they even open up the envelope.
Then there is differences in local offices on how many cases they have pending.
They call center agent was very nice but he said the usual time for these cases is 3 years so you should wait before calling or inquiring about them.
He said all we need is patience to receive some response in 3 years period.
So I just gave up worrying about this now as my application is in process for under 2 years. it may take them upto more than one more year to decide.
@ montrealiar lets hope for best and hopefully we get oath letter soon

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If your 36 month is not up then they would not anything about it. CIT052 does not take 3 years to process, instead it is all non routine applications e.i RQs that take 36 months at the most. For people like myself it has been more than 40 months and we are still waiting....

jckdry said:
I called cic and asked if they have received my documents for response to cit520
They said the local office has received it but they have not opened it yet.
It frustrating as it depends on how many people in queue of cit520 or rq before they even open up the envelope.
Then there is differences in local offices on how many cases they have pending.
They call center agent was very nice but he said the usual time for these cases is 3 years so you should wait before calling or inquiring about them.
He said all we need is patience to receive some response in 3 years period.
So I just gave up worrying about this now as my application is in process for under 2 years. it may take them upto more than one more year to decide.
@ montrealiar lets hope for best and hopefully we get oath letter soon

torontorian

Jul 26, 2014
rayman_m said:
After interview why they gave you CT-520 any reason? what kind of documents CIC is asking to submit?
This time their inquires are very specific. For example, they asked me to include rental agreements, bank/credit card statements, transcripts from schools I attended, and notice of tax return assessment.

In my last RQ, I attached credit and bank statement, school certificates, and Tax return summary, in addition of all other documents you may aware of. The officer who interviewed me after writing the test in March told me the file was ok, and it would take 3 to 4 months to schedule oath.

What can I do now? Do I need to wait another year or more?

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Usually when CIC officer issues CT-520 , it is some specific information that they request and they would like to clarify their doubt.
Once you send the required information, hopefully everything would be alright. Good luck!

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got CIT 0520 on Jan 30 via mail, which is 10 days after I passed my test. I sent CIT 520 back with the explanation and documents they asked on Jan 31 and yesterday Feb 13 I got oath invite on my mail. Oath invite was issued on Feb 11 which is about 10 days after my CIT 520 reply.
My suggestion with CIT 520 is to sent only the documents (or explanation in my case) they requested and not any extra stuff. See my timeline below:

Application Sent: Sept 15, 2014
AOR Received: Dec 20
Test Date: Jan 20, 2015
CIT 520 : Jan 30
CIT doc sent to CIC: Jan 31
Oath letter issued: Feb 11
CIC office: Scarborough.

Good luck to everyone.

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
VAtoCA said:
I got CIT 0520 on Jan 30 via mail, which is 10 days after I passed my test. I sent CIT 520 back with the explanation and documents they asked on Jan 31 and yesterday Feb 13 I got oath invite on my mail. Oath invite was issued on Feb 11 which is about 10 days after my CIT 520 reply.
My suggestion with CIT 520 is to sent only the documents (or explanation in my case) they requested and not any extra stuff. See my timeline below:

Good luck to everyone.

Congrats on receiving your oath notification.

Would you like to tell why you were issued CIT 520 and what docs were submitted by you .

Thanks

VAtoCA

Star Member
Jan 21, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
informatics said:
Congrats on receiving your oath notification.

Would you like to tell why you were issued CIT 520 and what docs were submitted by you .

Thanks
See my issue about CIT 0520 from another post.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/receiving-a-notice-after-the-interview-test-day-t267732.15.html

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A complete application processed in 5 month!!!! wow that is unbelievable and super fast.
Congratulations!

VAtoCA said:

Good luck to everyone.

canada lover

Jan 20, 2015
Folks my frustration beyond any word descripts it ... Its absolutely unfair to have us waiting that long 6 months since I sent my requested doc which was already given to the officer during the interview and they left my file for 8 months to send me CIT 520 requesting the same doc again!!!!!! now 6 months gone by and nothing,,,,,,,

0 days out of Canada.
working at the same company after 2 months of my landing in 2010.
sponsored family to get visa
sponsored family member to get visit visa

what shall I expect more? I thought I moved to Canada from third world country will have better, efficient transparent, FAIR transactions but CIC has failed at least with me so far to have me believe my perception...

Outlook

Apr 6, 2012
Hi everyone,

My timeline is as follows:

Application : Dec 2010
Test: Nov 2011
RQ sent: Dec 2011
CIT 0520 sent: Nov 2014

Still waiting for a response on my Citizenship. It is becoming increasingly frustrating as the whole process hits the 5 year mark.

toshib

Star Member
Apr 17, 2014
Hi outlook,

WOW four years is a alot of time :eek: :eek:.You seem to be unlucky.Did you try to send memo?Did you speak with your MP. Unfortunately there is nothing we can do to make CIC speed the process.May God help us All.It all depends on our luck and the CIC officer processing the application. :eek: :eek:

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What??? this is horrible and beyond me. Hey outlook you really need to be proactive otherwise nothing will be done about your case, you cannot cross your arms and expect CIC to review your file. Please contact your MP ASAP and tell them to call CIC immediately as this has been going on for more than 5 years now. Also order a copy of your ATIP and file the case specific inquiry below:

https://dmp-portal.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

My application has been processing for more than 40 months but I have never heard of 50+ months in processing, this is becoming ridiculous. I would also suggest that you call CIC and you don't even have to be nice about it as they are not doing their job and demand to speak with a supervisor. What could possibly be the reason for holding onto this application after more than 4 years in processing?

Outlook said:
Hi everyone,

My timeline is as follows:

Application : Dec 2010
Test: Nov 2011
RQ sent: Dec 2011
CIT 0520 sent: Nov 2014

Still waiting for a response on my Citizenship. It is becoming increasingly frustrating as the whole process hits the 5 year mark.

djoli

Oct 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I completely understand your frustration we are all on the same boat. Did you get the RQ or just the CIT050? Unfortunately if your application has been processing for less than the "time limit" of 36 months they may not be willing to take any further actions but we have to force them to. What is the point of requesting that CIT0520 be sent back within 30 days when they are not going to review them within a reasonable period of time?

canada lover said:
Folks my frustration beyond any word descripts it ... Its absolutely unfair to have us waiting that long 6 months since I sent my requested doc which was already given to the officer during the interview and they left my file for 8 months to send me CIT 520 requesting the same doc again!!!!!! now 6 months gone by and nothing,,,,,,,

0 days out of Canada.
working at the same company after 2 months of my landing in 2010.
sponsored family to get visa
sponsored family member to get visit visa

what shall I expect more? I thought I moved to Canada from third world country will have better, efficient transparent, FAIR transactions but CIC has failed at least with me so far to have me believe my perception...

canada lover

Jan 20, 2015
Folks I must say finally I have relived from my build up pressure for the last almost 1 year .... I have just received the OATH letters for myself and family in the mail.

my sincere hope to all of you folks wish you all the best and good luck in the very near future....

God bless you all :D