Med's Request
12-07-2019
Med's Done....
20-08-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2019
VISA ISSUED...
18-09-2019
This thread has been created to centralized and share the discussion and thoughts around required licencing/certification from CIPS (Canada's association of IT Professionals) for certain IT NOC for SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

Licencing has been introduced and made mandatory by SINP starting August 2017.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:
For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS).

For most IT professionals, ISP is the right certification.

ISP
Apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Alternatively you can apply for the I.S.P. under the "Established IT Professionals Route" (http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals), which is purely experience based, and would not require you to send your transcripts. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you've gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas.

You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Everyone, please share your experience about applying in the same or any confusion that we can clear here.

Reactions: avneet01

avneet01

May 31, 2017
My noc is 2173 and I want to apply for SINP PNP. Could u pls let me know if WES document by document evaluation will work for acquiring SINP license and also can you elaborate on the below points which are required for ISP certification. Thanks in advance.
Overall Requirement
  • Appropriate mastery of the CIPS Body of Knowledge (BOK);
  • Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct;
  • Demonstrated knowledge of the Code of Ethics
  • CIPS Membership (Note: One can apply for the I.S.P. designation without being a CIPS member, but active membership must be held in order to hold and use the I.S.P. designation);
  • Provide detailed and descriptive employer or client references covering the two years preceding the application. The employer or client needs to be able to comment on your competence and confirm your work history over the last 24 months. The reference should be in a similar or higher professional level to you and cannot be someone who report to you.
  • A minimum of 1000 hours of professional work experience during the 12 months prior to submitting the application.
  • Application Fees

Reactions: prince2019

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
My noc is 2173 and I want to apply for SINP PNP. Could u pls let me know if WES document by document evaluation will work for acquiring SINP license and also can you elaborate on the below points which are required for ISP certification. Thanks in advance.
Overall Requirement
  • Appropriate mastery of the CIPS Body of Knowledge (BOK);
  • Adherence to the Code of Ethics and Professional Conduct;
  • Demonstrated knowledge of the Code of Ethics
  • CIPS Membership (Note: One can apply for the I.S.P. designation without being a CIPS member, but active membership must be held in order to hold and use the I.S.P. designation);
  • Provide detailed and descriptive employer or client references covering the two years preceding the application. The employer or client needs to be able to comment on your competence and confirm your work history over the last 24 months. The reference should be in a similar or higher professional level to you and cannot be someone who report to you.
  • A minimum of 1000 hours of professional work experience during the 12 months prior to submitting the application.
  • Application Fees
For SINP Licence and specifically for I.S.P. there are multiple routes to obtain it. If you go to their website, they have tool to assess which route you can take. In my case I tiok education plus experience route. However first confirm this from them by sending them email at info@cips.ca. For the rest of the answers for your questions please see below.
1. As per your job duties (current and past), you have to decide in which bok list you are falling. They habe given this list in application form. As per that you need to mention this thing in application form but for education plus experience route and established IT professionals route.

2. WES evaluation should be course by course. Document by document they won't accept. For this if you have already completed WES in past than you just need to upgrade it to course by course. You can easily get this from WES website in your account. There will be some charges. Also make sure to send the copy of your wes report directly from wes to thier address written in application form. For this you have to add manual recipient in wes account.

3. Demonstrate knowledge of code of business ethics, this is online test with few questions that you need to clear. They have provided the link as well and highlighted the same in yellow on their website. This certificate you get in half an hour which you need to attach while application for the I.S.P. They will provide the document as well to pass the test.

4. CIPS membership can be obtain while filling the application form as they usually give that option too. So this will be covered once you fill the application form.

5. You need to provide reference letter(s) from your client or employer who can comment on your competence and confirm your last 24 months work with them.

6. Rest is explanatory about the application fees. They have given the link in which for particular Saskatchewan we have to pay mentioned amount with additional membership fee.

Let me know if you need any other clarification for the same.

krishna.m1026

Aug 10, 2017
For SINP Licence and specifically for I.S.P. there are multiple routes to obtain it. If you go to their website, they have tool to assess which route you can take. In my case I tiok education plus experience route. However first confirm this from them by sending them email at info@cips.ca. For the rest of the answers for your questions please see below.
1. As per your job duties (current and past), you have to decide in which bok list you are falling. They habe given this list in application form. As per that you need to mention this thing in application form but for education plus experience route and established IT professionals route.

2. WES evaluation should be course by course. Document by document they won't accept. For this if you have already completed WES in past than you just need to upgrade it to course by course. You can easily get this from WES website in your account. There will be some charges. Also make sure to send the copy of your wes report directly from wes to thier address written in application form. For this you have to add manual recipient in wes account.

3. Demonstrate knowledge of code of business ethics, this is online test with few questions that you need to clear. They have provided the link as well and highlighted the same in yellow on their website. This certificate you get in half an hour which you need to attach while application for the I.S.P. They will provide the document as well to pass the test.

4. CIPS membership can be obtain while filling the application form as they usually give that option too. So this will be covered once you fill the application form.

5. You need to provide reference letter(s) from your client or employer who can comment on your competence and confirm your last 24 months work with them.

6. Rest is explanatory about the application fees. They have given the link in which for particular Saskatchewan we have to pay mentioned amount with additional membership fee.

Dear Members,
This is a very good thread on the licensing information.
I need your help in mapping my roles and responsibilities against my NOC 2173 Software engineers and designers.
The section B employment detail has 6 columns in a table.
A. Period in Position - Straight forward - from and to period of employment for last 2 years
B. Position Title - Designation in the company
C Organization - Company name
D. Responsibility - Basically i have to list all my roles and responsibilities here (my understanding )
E.. Indicate percentage of work at professional level (see notes above) - ????? is it we need to mention percentage like 80% ,100% like that
F. BOK Code(s) (see below) - What need to be entered in this column ???
One of my responsibility is
o Understanding and creation of business requirements for Analytics solutions assigned to the team in partnership with business users, Business Analyst and Project Lead/Managers.
what can i enter in this column please help
Regards,
Krishna

harishpunia

Aug 27, 2017
Hello All I am also applying to the same. Wrote to CIPS got reply as that I am eligible to opt for ISP based on my years of experience.

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Hello Guys,

Happy to help. Please ask your queries and we will definitely try to answer them. Actually we are also new to this process. However whatever experience we are having, based on that we will definitely help you guys.

Thanks.

harishpunia

Aug 27, 2017
Dear members,
Please help us in filling the cips form
Regards
Krishna
First of all I would like to mention that this CIPS is like our indian NASSCOM. Hence it is important for all working in this field to get registered.
in order to enrol for the same one needs to have Codes of Ethics training needs to be completed and then assessment. Well, friends I am also like you people. planning to apply for PR ship and have to appear for the same. So have no much knowledge but I know that what is the procedure to enrol. It will again verify our experience, will consider our ECA and then certification will be given.

krishna.m1026

Aug 10, 2017
First of all I would like to mention that this CIPS is like our indian NASSCOM. Hence it is important for all working in this field to get registered.
in order to enrol for the same one needs to have Codes of Ethics training needs to be completed and then assessment. Well, friends I am also like you people. planning to apply for PR ship and have to appear for the same. So have no much knowledge but I know that what is the procedure to enrol. It will again verify our experience, will consider our ECA and then certification will be given.
Hi,
Thanks for your reply.
I have opted for upgrading the ECA report.
Done with cips etichs exam
Trying to fill the education plus experience route form.
Regarding experience what i understood is we have to provide experience certificate for last two years.
Regarding the table there are two columns E and F that mapping of BOK.
Please guide with one example what i have to fill there.
I have explained in detail in the above post.
Thanks for your support.
Regards,
Krishna

Reactions: nsbhullar

VEERALJETHVA

Dec 3, 2016

Hi,
I have 7 years of experience in Web application (software engineer).
But I could not find specific route for me so please help me.
Moreover, I had sent email to cips for selection of route with my master degree certificate in IT, but still I don't get any response from them.

So please help me..:)

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Hi,
I have 7 years of experience in Web application (software engineer).
But I could not find specific route for me so please help me.
Moreover, I had sent email to cips for selection of route with my master degree certificate in IT, but still I don't get any response from them.

So please help me..:)
I would say wait for them to reply for your query. They are trying their level best to reply for each and every query as soon as possible. Wait for couple of more days. You will definitely get the reply.

This is something new for us as well so for some queries which we haven't faced, we can't reply you without knowledge. Apologies for the same.

anks62

Aug 28, 2017
This thread has been created to centralized and share the discussion and thoughts around required licencing/certification from CIPS (Canada's association of IT Professionals) for certain IT NOC for SINP (Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program).

Licencing has been introduced and made mandatory by SINP starting August 2017.

Provide documentation from the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS) showing your:
For more information, visit the provincial regulator the Canadian Association of Information Technology Professionals (CIPS).

For most IT professionals, ISP is the right certification.

ISP
Apply for the I.S.P. under the Education Plus Experience Route (http://www.cips.ca/EdplusEx). Under this route you are required to have your official transcripts sent to us directly from your educational institutions, along with a Canadian course-by-course equivalency assessment (assessment centers listed in application). If your course-by-course equivalency assessment indicates that they received your official transcripts directly from your school(s) then you can have the assessment center mail us an official copy of your assessment instead of having your school mail us your official transcripts.

Alternatively you can apply for the I.S.P. under the "Established IT Professionals Route" (http://www.cips.ca/EstablishedITProfessionals), which is purely experience based, and would not require you to send your transcripts. Under this route you would document your knowledge and experience that you've gained over the years in the listed knowledge areas.

You are not required to have experience in all knowledge areas, however your total points gained from the knowledge areas must be greater than 21 points. While you will be providing your personal opinion about the points you believe to have in each knowledge area, the CIPS Experience Review Committee will ultimately determine how many points you are assessed at.
Thanks for Post

I have doubt plz answer

(1) I did WES in past and I upgrade ECA to Course by Course (is it right option to select for CIPS?) and
must we send transcript from university to WES once again, the same process we did for WES ?
or
WES direct transfer our data to CIPS in Course by Course after paying fee at WES Website. ?

(2) I used Education Plus Experience Route ISP
I also Passed CIPS Ethic Exam and Download Application from and filling data
-> in Section A Education Summary:
Data Requested means which date ?
Last name on Transcript ? (Here we did not send Transcript to CIPS but WES send Transcript on behalf of us. am i right?)
->In form How much dollars Application Fee (One time), CIPS Membership Fee (For Saskatchewan is $350), what about GST/HST fees ? I think this data will be filled by CIPS?

(3) What is next procedure ?
I will have Application from, Letter of Company, Exam Result any other extra thing I need
where we send all documents means by Email to CIPS or Courier to CIPS ?

Last edited:
Reactions: priyapatel

swapnilipst

Feb 5, 2017

Hello,

Thanks for the details. Regarding Point#2, I upgraded wes from document by document to course by course but now it is saying below.

"We are waiting for your documents."

Do I have to send documents to WES again? I thought they themselves will send it to CIPS. Please guide. Thanks.

Utsavpathak

Star Member
Apr 17, 2015
India
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Hello,

Thanks for the details. Regarding Point#2, I upgraded wes from document by document to course by course but now it is saying below.

"We are waiting for your documents."

Do I have to send documents to WES again? I thought they themselves will send it to CIPS. Please guide. Thanks.
So I think they are talking about the transcripts and documents from your university to wes. You have to send the documents again what you have earlier followed.

Try to send them email about the same as generally they have our documents stored which we have sent earlier for document by document. But for safer side send the documents again.