+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC website issues

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Hi everyone,

I noticed since the CIC changed their website recently but in doing so, there are numerous broken links, pages that dont re-direct/open properly. How am I supposed to be starting my common law application when I dont have the basic means to even do that?

Anybody else having website issues? The call center is a total nightmare so that's a no go. Emails dont get replied to until months later.

So what does a 'potential resident' do in this case?

UGH

Thanks everyone

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
potential_resident said:
Hi everyone,

I noticed since the CIC changed their website recently but in doing so, there are numerous broken links, pages that dont re-direct/open properly. How am I supposed to be starting my common law application when I dont have the basic means to even do that?

Anybody else having website issues? The call center is a total nightmare so that's a no go. Emails dont get replied to until months later.

So what does a 'potential resident' do in this case?

UGH

Thanks everyone
They did indeed overhaul their site recently, but it was mostly cosmetic (CSS changes). I haven't personally encountered any 404 errors or otherwise. I think if you're encountering that, you could use a google cache copy of the old one, or the way back machine or something?

potential_resident

Star Member
Jan 21, 2013
Its got no 404 errors or any errors that I cant fix myself. Its the entire page or rather numerous pages (specifically the common law application) where there are links and they are all dead. Infact its misleading totally because I saw one page that numbered a form as 3900 and the same form for the same category/type of visa was numbered 3999. I am so frustrated that before they launched this, they didnt even test to see if it meets its basic requirement of actually working?

I cant even ring the call center since their wait times are in hours and they cant do anything to help me.

To add to my frustration, the processing times for common law inland changed from 6 months to 11months. Just a great way to start my new year.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
It changed from 6 months to 11 months for the sponsorship portion only. You still have the actual applicant wait times as well ..