+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC wants additional Open Work Permit fee of $100!!!

Cguy Cooking

Feb 6, 2012
Hi everybody, I got a message on my Mycic account for my application for PGWP. It has asked me to pay the open work permit processing fee of $100.

How and where can I pay the open letter work permit fee? Please let me know, thanks in advance!

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cguy Cooking,

I have a friend who just asked me the same question.

She made the payment online and will send the receipt my mail.

But my question is why is she been asked for 100+ when the work permit cost is 155?

Anyone why this?

SFD

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SFD said:
Cguy Cooking,

I have a friend who just asked me the same question.

She made the payment online and will send the receipt my mail.

But my question is why is she been asked for 100+ when the work permit cost is 155?

Anyone why this?

SFD

1. because CIC introduced the additional fee of $100 for open work permits

ri123

Jan 15, 2015
hi guys

urgent help needed

My brothers just got passport request with following msg in pdf letter for his study visa from india

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We
require your passport to finalize processing your application.

Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.

is that means his visa got approved ?did you get

SFD

Feb 8, 2010
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
PMM said:
Hi

1. because CIC introduced the additional fee of $100 for open work permits
Hello PMM,

Thanks a lot!

It has been a while since we touch base. Hope you are doing well!!!

Oh okay, now I understand the xtra 100 dollars.

BTW, is my friend doing the right thing by sending the receipt by regular mail? Any suggestion?

Regards,

SFD

creativenerd

May 17, 2015
Hi All,
I am new to this forum. Actually I got same request from CIC to submit a receipt of $100 for open work permit along with my post graduate work permit application. However, I didn't know that if its any additional fee and I attached post graduate work permit receipt of $155 that I paid at the time of application. On 14th of May, I got a refusal from CIC just because of this. They mentioned that my work permit application is refused as I didn't provide the open work permit receipt of $100 as requested. They also mentioned that as my temporary resident status expires on 14-05-2015, I need to apply for restoration if I want to remain in Canada. I applied for restoration and post graduate work permit again on 15th of May. Now I am very nervous about the result :(

Jaiveer Singh

Aug 22, 2013
Delhi
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Cguy Cooking said:
Hi everybody, I got a message on my Mycic account for my application for PGWP. It has asked me to pay the open work permit processing fee of $100.

How and where can I pay the open letter work permit fee? Please let me know, thanks in advance!
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/

You're paying a fee for a 'work permit (including extensions'. Go to pay the fees online. Immigration... Temporary Residence... then finally 'Open Work Permit Holder fee'.

Neethu iype

Feb 3, 2016
Hi all,
I am now in yhe same situation ..my post graduate work permit( which was issued only to the date of my passport expiry date) and my temperory resident visa will expire in 2016 april..should I extend the post graduate work permit first and then only apply for TRV or should I apply for the both together?

Please help me..Thanks in advance..